The mkiv Supra Owners Club

fuel cut out at 125mph (on track of course)

spiderpigcity

i think ive figured it out. it cut out again tonight at 125, the boost was reading 1 bar. so its def the fcd. i have uk turbos fitted and first decat. i reckon cos the waste gate is bigger on uk turbos the pressure is escaping with no probs, therefore causing boost to be around 0.9 to 1.0 bar instead of 1.4 plus like on th j spec if no restrictor

am i talking rubbish or do you think i am about right.

anyway so from what everyone in the forum has said, i think if i put an apexi boost control on and an fcd and walbro pump i should be able to boost to 1.2 bar and that should take me around 400 bhp. thats fast enough for me, and with the hks cams and hks big intercooler it should be running nice and cool. water and oil temps never go above 90 and 110.

:taped:let me know what you think.

regards

If all power cut (like hitting a brick wall) at 1bar then that does sound like fuel cut.

Have you checked if there is a FCD fitted? Lift up passenger side carpet and undo the two bolts holding the panel on, under there you'll find the ECU (box on the right), check to see if there are any additional components spliced into the wiring loom coming from the ECU.

As you say, with your UK turbos, you won't need a restrictor ring. I would do the following

1. Walbro fuel pump

2. FCD

3. Boost Controller set at 1.2bar

With the second cat still in place I would also invest in an exhaust gas temp gauge.

hi nic,

thanks for the advice. thats exactly what i was going to do after getting all the previos replys.

when i lift the passenger carpet up under the footwell there is no plastic cover just the two big silver boxes with loads of wires. looks the the ecu and another toyota electronic gizmo.

obviously i need to get a plastic cover as people feet are going to be pushing on the ecu throught the carpet. i will check in a minute but i dont remeber seeing anything like an fcd.

regards matt