The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aerotop Convert

Guest suprastone

It would horribly expensive first you would have to cut the top off and weld brakets in so you can attach it back to the car. Then the whole body shell needs to be strengthend to stop it bending and twisting. The floor plan needs to be made stronger as well I would say your looking at 15-20k

Apparently veilside themselves did one. They took a hardtop and turned it into an aerotop veilside fortune. I almost bought it til I discovered the conversion job. The guy that did buy it is in the UK and announced that he would be showing everyone ho great and safe it was at JAE last year. Odd how I missed that car?? :D

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=87521&highlight=veilside+fortune

Apparently veilside themselves did one. They took a hardtop and turned it into an aerotop veilside fortune. I almost bought it til I discovered the conversion job. The guy that did buy it is in the UK and announced that he would be showing everyone ho great and safe it was at JAE last year. Odd how I missed that car?? :D

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=87521&highlight=veilside+fortune

The current owner of that car is a member on here.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/member.php?u=12458

Guest gzaerojon
the black veilside fortune cookie, that jurgen was going to import, until found the details of the roof chop.

the guy who spends top dosh with envy said he had at jae. (purple, 4x bride buckets)

im sure gaz can tell more, qouted the original parts were 8k!

definatly not a roof chop

Ian R was there ;)

I'm glad now I didn't buy that car. I could no way have afforded to rip it apart like that to see if it was good or not. I am still amazed that the people that did that conversion didn't keep a single picture or receipt for the work done. Glad to see he took the lambo's off as they were in fact damaging the door and the kit. Also glad to see he is putting a roll cage in it and a targa would be a damn good idea considering the power he is gonna run through it. I'm sure thats gonna be hitting 40 grand though by the time he is finished that little lot.

the black veilside fortune cookie, that jurgen was going to import, until found the details of the roof chop.

the guy who spends top dosh with envy said he had at jae. (purple, 4x bride buckets)

im sure gaz can tell more, qouted the original parts were 8k!

Yep, was around £8k of OEM parts, then it cost about 3k in labour to have the chassis strengthened.

That was a 1998 VVTi 6spd.

It was a proper job thats for sure.

Gaz.

• 6 years later...