The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A 0-60 cant find it anywhere!!!!

ben_stevo

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres a standard one on ebay at the min and he is claiming they are 244 standard! Why do people lie! :no:

0-60 is pretty poor then for a car with just over 200bhp I expected it to be quicker. Anybody know any 1/4 mile times? I own an astra gsi mk4 at the min which is 265bhp, it will feel like im downgrading! :(

Makes me not want to get one now! Ive wanted one for so long and its dissapointing really, I thought they were alot quicker! I would get the TT but the insurance will kill me and running costs etc...

Does anybody know any 1/4 mile times on a NA? Iv looked on you tube etc and on here and cant find anything! sub 15?

Yeah my astra is modded, has VXR turbo and stage 1 remap, decat, etc...

Yeah I must admit a supra looks alot better than the astra thats why I want one, 0-60 in 6.9 is still pretty good for a big car, bet it feels faster than what it actually is. I wish I could spend the whole £8000 that my astra is up for, Id get a TT then but I have to buy 2 cars out of this and I have limited myself to £4000 for the supra.

The Supra is a gt car, i've come from hot hatches to the Supra na and i love it, but they don't feel as fast for sure, but on the motorway it is easy to creep up to silly speeds and not really notice as there so smooth and the engines are hardly working out to do it either :) Depends what you want from a car really mate :) Also rear wheel drive fun ;)

I had an RX7 before the astra but got fed up of its unreliablility, its pretty much the same with the astra! Always breaking, lights popping up on the dash every week, so annoying! :bang:

I want a car that is reliable and ive heard the supra NA is, but I also do alot of miles as my missus is from newbury which is 200 miles from me in leeds and we visit her family quite often so it has to be comfy and not too loud (unlike the astra) aswell as not too bad on petrol. I also want something thats pretty quick though as I dont like to see w***ers in type r's etc blow me away at the lights!

Whats the fuel consumption like on the NA? How much is a full tank and what does it do to a full tank miles wise? also what does it do to £10 as then I can compare it to the astra which does around 40 miles on a tenner.

had mine 3 years mate never regretted it might not be super quick

but it sure has some street cred. if you decat it and put one of NICS manifolds on it you should get up to 20bhp more .and if i parked next to your astra i know which one would get all the attention ,oh and BTW its never let me down.:D

0-60 6.5 ish ---mpg with cleaned 02 sensors 22--grin factor 10

had mine 3 years mate never regretted it might not be super quick

but it sure has some street cred. if you decat it and put one of NICS manifolds on it you should get up to 20bhp more .and if i parked next to your astra i know which one would get all the attention ,oh and BTW its never let me down.:D

0-60 6.5 ish ---mpg with cleaned 02 sensors 22--grin factor 10

Yep MPG is between 18 and 24 although mine was 14 once (possibly O2 sensors need changing)

Supra N/A is around 6.9 - and Auto in the early 7's Top Speed is just under 150 mph

You sure ;)

The Supra is a heavy car which is why the NA isn't so quick but if you have a Supe for 2 years and then drive a 'normal' car for 2 weeks you miss the power of the Supra - trust me, I cant wait to get mine back on the road :(

Can you really trust the figures published by Toyota? Didn't the Supra TT dyno a lot higher stated than the published figures?