The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I need ALL your opinions!!! ......

JimC

Hi guys,

I need all of your help!!!

I have a 1998 tt vvti quicksilver Supe. It is BPU with low mileage.

I AM NOT looking to sell the car now or anytime real soon but i do have a concern for the future....

I purchased a complete UK bonnet scoop package and am wondering whether to fit it or not? Out of all the options on bonnets, the simple UK bonnet scoop is my favorite (hence me buying one to fit!!!)

However, if and when i come to sell the in the future do you think this will deter from the image of the car. At the moment its a very very clean, supe inside and out, and im worried that fitting a UK scoop may detract from this (in terms of bodywork).

Would someone be concerned that they were buying a nice late tt vvti japspec, but with a UK bonnet????:search:

Cheers guys,

Please let me know your thoughts!:search:

SEE PICS OF CAR AS IT IS CURRENTLY....

230820071075.jpg

111.jpg

if poss keep the bonnet then it gives you option to swap back if and when you want to sell.. also gives potential buyer the option..

that is IF you have the space... i would have loved this option but have no space for storage..

...and it also means i would need to buy another bonnet!:(

If you wanna sell easier leave it visually standard. However UK spec stuff on a JSpec car wont make any difference when you come to sell IMO as its still stock in a fashion. In the future i might get one for mine.

Si

I agree. If its uk spec/stock it may even help:)

...and it also means i would need to buy another bonnet!:(

sorry missed the "KIT" thought you were getting the whole bonnet..

end of the day its your car do what you want! as people mentioned with the prices as they are it wont really matter!

If you have the space, buy another bonnet, fit the kit and have it sprayed to match colour (i.e. have two bonnets, a J-spec & "UK spec").

I am in two minds about the UK bonnet scoop myself, so I intend on having two bonnets. I picked up a very good condition J-spec bonnet last week for £27 which I intend to put the UK scoop on.

Fit it ONLY if the paint shop can 100% match your Quicksilver. A miss match in paint would put me off more than if it had a scoop or not....IF I was looking for a stock car.

You don't have stock wheels or exhaust so, it's not like you are trying to keep it totally stock is it :)

Fit it ONLY if the paint shop can 100% match your Quicksilver. A miss match in paint would put me off more than if it had a scoop or not....IF I was looking for a stock car.

You don't have stock wheels or exhaust so, it's not like you are trying to keep it totally stock is it :)

no, but wheels and exhaust can be relplaced for stock easy! I have both the stock wheels and exhaust so no worries there!

The paint shop that did the back bumper couldn't match it, could they? :) I don't think a UK bonnet scoop will put people off, per se. Nice car!

The paint shop that did the back bumper couldn't match it, could they? :) I don't think a UK bonnet scoop will put people off, per se. Nice car!

The rear has not been re-painted Chris so im not sure what you mean there! Are you thinking that from the photos?? If so it can only be a light thing as i have had the car about 18 months now and there is no difference in colours i can guarantee that!

The problem with the scoop is it just looks stuck on. You can guarntee that if that wasnt a stock part and someone came on here and said "look at my new bonnet scoop" then they will get stick for it. Probably along the lines of the "did you crash into halfords".