The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ace cafe meet - something I noticed

supra_aero

Not sure if its worth a mention but I will anyhow.

ITs been a year since I had gone to a car meet and a sign of the times as things have CHANGED. Did anyone else notice :

1) hardly any cars with graphics, decals, shopping list - only v.subtle ones on them (I was actually looking forward to seeing some)

2) hardly any cars with gt wings (again, I was looking forward to seeing some to make a decision if they look good on supras as not really been to supra meets before)

3) hardly any cars with gold wheels (I know there were some, but most had split rim with a polished lip - so not really gold :p)

4) no under car neons either - maybe one car, I can't remember

Sure there were other things but I am too tired and lazy to mention. Point is, either everyone there was mature or times have changed and I am out of fashion expecting things from the late 90s - lol

So, all the members there were too poor to afford to modify their cars? :D

Edited- - just to add, was properly annoyed to realise that I'd forgotten about the event until 7.30pm this evening. What a prat :(

Hope all you folks had a good time and it wasn't as cold as last year! :)

So, all the members there were too poor to afford to modify their cars? :D

Edited- - just to add, was properly annoyed to realise that I'd forgotten about the event until 7.30pm this evening. What a prat :(

Hope all you folks had a good time and it wasn't as cold as last year! :)

There were some truly stunning cars there. Sure pics will show. Truly stunning.

suprajames yours included - It was hard remembering which car went with what member. - we need to stick members forum names on license plates next time - be a lot easier :p

1) hardly any cars with graphics, decals, shopping list - only v.subtle ones on them (I was actually looking forward to seeing some)

2) hardly any cars with gt wings (again, I was looking forward to seeing some to make a decision if they look good on supras as not really been to supra meets before)

3) hardly any cars with gold wheels (I know there were some, but most had split rim with a polished lip - so not really gold :p)

Sorry mate, really tried to get there but couldn't get a part in time. Otherwise I think I would've ticked those boxes :D

Sure there were other things but I am too tired and lazy to mention. Point is, either everyone there was mature or times have changed and I am out of fashion expecting things from the late 90s - lol

Yeah maybe it's like a reaction to it and everyone has done the opposite of graphics and neons etc and gone mega subtle like the reaction to the 80's with clothes lol

Tbh I think it is mainly an age thing, as supra drivers are mostly that bit older, when I was 17 I put an under car neon kit on my first car, would never have them again though.

I had neons on my civic, never used them when somebody could see me though and I doubt I'll have them again. But as someone said earlier that maybe the new trend is subtle, I think thats a catagory that a supra could never fit into(in a good way) unlike something like a corsa/saxo sort of thing where the eurostyle subtle look is popular.

unlike something like a corsa/saxo sort of thing where the eurostyle subtle look is popular.

Yeah definatly it has changed not that long ago too, I have owned 3 saxo's and when I had my first, people liked bodykits and chrome wheels etc on the forum, by the time I had my 3rd Saxo, it was standard kit, standard wheels, just lowered and colour coded was acceptable without getting slated! Same on the corsa site, they hated my wide arch corsa which with metal flake and kandy paint lol