The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Women Drivers!!!!!

Shadow Beast

:(Ok here we go, please see the attached photos of what greeted me tonight when i arrived home from looking at a job.

I got a tearful phone call from Jen saying "where are you? a wall has attacked my car"

I was 4 doors up the road with the neighbour, and had to leave her house quickly to come running to the wifes aid.

Bascially, Jen has yet to work out the turning radius of the supra and the width of the gap that she is trying to get down.

The finger marks that you can see are from jen trying to wipe the scratches off so i did not notice it!

Richie

Oh the chrome lip got in on the action aswell!! Dont think that can be fixed though can it?

Damage 001.jpg

Damage 002.jpg

Damage 003.jpg

Damage 004.jpg

OMG, you must be pissed.

bet shes got some making up to do ;)

Your wheels can be repaired there not the worse i've seen before and after repair.

If you want the number of a local body shop (Finedon) the owner is a member of the Jaguar owners club (with my mdad) and did some work on my fez drop me a PM

My wife is the same. She never hits any other moving object. She avoids other cars, dears crossing the road without warning etc, but so far she has hit 3 x stationary objects

1) Bright orange stationary bollard in a car park (every panel down one side of the car was damaged as she decided to carry on regardless- not the supe)

2) Large concrete post in the petrol station - better the post than the petrol pump it was protecting from her (again not in the supe)

3) Every curb stone between Reading and Yorkshire

thing is, she also hit the massive supporting colums that hold up asda in rushden when we used to have the mx-5, she has not learnt!

At the risk of offending women on this site, I dont think they ever do learn.

My wife isnt too bad, but there was a woman at the place where i used to work and she was hopeless at parking. She used to think that the car bumpers were for going - bump, bump, bump, bump, bump, im in the space.

I keep joking to my wife that im going to hang tyres around her car like on a tug boat so she cant damage it.

I keep joking to my wife that im going to hang tyres around her car like on a tug boat so she cant damage it.

Thats a classic :)

This is a generalisation as there are some great women drivers, & car lovers, but i dont think women's spacial awareness is as good as men's, and possibly more importantly, a car is viewed by women to be about as precious as a shoe horn, basically its a tool so whats the fuss.

Thats a good attitude :)

given the situation your poor girlfriend must be devastated especially trying to rub it off with her hand...poor luv :( hope you get it sorted mate :)

Had a friend of ours round tonight who owns a body shop, it goes in next monday when we are away on hols, £175 all in which i did not think was to bad.

Richie

i have had my sup for 2 years my wife hasn't even sat in the drivers seat yet.

It was the same here untill October last year when I broke my foot playing footie and had to let her drive me to the hospital in it!!

so its actually her car and she lets you use it?

going to convince wife to buy a TT and let me use it too

My gf would love a Supe too but there is no way I would let her get a car more powerful than mine, let alone a Supra thats more powerful

Thats a classic :)

This is a generalisation as there are some great women drivers, & car lovers, but i dont think women's spacial awareness is as good as men's, and possibly more importantly, a car is viewed by women to be about as precious as a shoe horn, basically its a tool so whats the fuss.

That sir, is a scientific FACT.

Men have better spacial awareness than women (why they make good fighter pilots)

Women can multi task far better than men (so they can have sex and think about the shopping at the same time)