The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Expensive???

marc_p

yeah, they are but the get away it it because stupid people like me don't check how much they're actually worth.

I paid 9k for a silver 96 auto NA a year ago from them.

I wrote it off after 30 hours, got 8.5k back from the insurance company, and bought my current one for 5k.

Tworked out quite well. :)

yeah, they are but the get away it it because stupid people like me don't check how much they're actually worth.

I wrote it off after 30 hours, got 8.5k back from the insurance company, and bought my current one for 5k.

Unlucky but lucky at the same time you don't get that very often. But I see what you mean I was just going through there other cars and they all see way overpriced.

:rlol: 30 hours! You must have been gutted. At least it worked out ok in the end.:D

That car is not overpriced AT ALL!

The prices of Supra going for sale at the minute are bl00dy ridiculous for the car you get.

Now there is no new model coming, the car is/will be a classic and they should now have depriciated as much as they are going to.

These motors are SUPERCARS producing power capable of putting most cars to shame.

People who sell their Supra for a low price are screwing themselves and the rest of us out of our assets (unless of course if its an emergency sale then fair enough).

If/when i sell my TT i will definately not be following the sell it cheap route, even if it does take longer to shift it.

rant over ;)

Ah - I see - you're saying that the fact there are lots of buckets around selling for peanuts now means is harder to sell a good quality car, because people always compare the price to the junk ones?

Doesn't that mean the problem isn't the undervaluing of cars (after all - these low price Supras ARE dogs), but rather the fact that there are a lot of rubbish Supras around now?

Doesn't that mean the problem isn't the undervaluing of cars (after all - these low price Supras ARE dogs), but rather the fact that there are a lot of rubbish Supras around now?

quite possibly mate, yes.

There sure are a lot of 'ol dogs going for sale currently - i just hope when it comes to selling a decent version that the prospective buyers will know that have to stump up considerably more wonga!! ;)

I think a lot of the problem is down to the numbers now out there. When the Supra was attracting very good money the amount of cars available and for sale meant they had an exclusivity factor. That also meant that the type of buyer was prepared to pay a premium for this exclusivity.

With the numbers that have been introduced from Japan (and the Fast and the Furious film didn't help either) it has meant that they are now not exclusive at all and therefore the type of buyers (and amounts willing to be spent) have changed.

People per se have not forced the market down - the availability has. And if anyone thinks that their car is going to suddenly increase in value then I think they are not seeing the reality of the situation.

True. I have said before i think the good unmolested cars will hold their value. The no of cars coming from Japan can't be sustained forever and with the low prices of some cars and younger drivers buying them more are gtting written off (a stereotype i know but its true) supply and demand will in time reverse positions.

True. I have said before i think the good unmolested cars will hold their value. The no of cars coming from Japan can't be sustained forever and with the low prices of some cars and younger drivers buying them more are gtting written off (a stereotype i know but its true) supply and demand will in time reverse positions.

By the same argument, wouldn't cars like MkIIIs, ZX300, GTOs, etc. be going back up in value? The only big Jap performance car that seems to hold well are the NSXs, but they've always been considered a classic car, and Supras are far too reliable to end up as rare as NSXs!

By the same argument, wouldn't cars like MkIIIs, ZX300, GTOs, etc. be going back up in value? The only big Jap performance car that seems to hold well are the NSXs, but they've always been considered a classic car, and Supras are far too reliable to end up as rare as NSXs!

You don't see any NSX on the road so value is dictated by scarcity and demand in Japan is still reasonable for them i believe. I didn't say go up in value i said "sustain" value.

You don't see any NSX on the road so value is dictated by scarcity and demand in Japan is still reasonable for them i believe. I didn't say go up in value i said "sustain" value.

Fair enough. My point was, that I don't think it's just scarcity. You don't see many 300ZX and GTOs any more, either, but they sell for peanuts too.

I think the NSX has sustained it's value because it has always been considered a "classic" car - it's value never dropped that quickly in the first place.

Much as I hate to say it, I think that the MkIV's appearance in pop-culture cinema and it's greater production numbers and therefore (combined with the reliability) greater amount in circulation (in total, for the last fifteen years, not just at a given point in time) will prevent it from achieving the same cult status as the NSX. :(