The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking of an aristo...

Jonny5

the V300 Vertex edition to be precise, makes alot of sense to me, has the VVTI TT engine, with tiptronic, so just as tune-able as supe, just with some room in the back for the kids which is what I need lol..:rolleyes::D

Anyone have any first hand experience with 'em:)?

Don't really wanna part with my supe but I can only really use it now as a weekend car, as my kids have grown to big to squeeze in the back lol..and I like to use it when we go places so I'm thinking this would be a good compromise:innocent::)

cheers Jon

Great car. I "upgraded" from a Supra for the same reason.

Have to admit, it does feel "sluggish" compared to the Supra and I miss my manual box, but it comes with every luxury you can think of.

The only tricky part is getting hold of one. You do realise how rare the MkII Vertex ones are, yes?

That said, if you're ready to go, this one came up yesterday, and if it's in good nick, is an absolute bargain, IMO - I had to pay 7k for mine last year, and mine hasn't had the Sat Nav conversion either!

Thinking of an aristo...

OK... now don't panic :Pling:

Just take a few big breaths and if possible go and sit in a darkened room for half an hour, if you find that that doesn't cure these bad thoughts, take a look at some pictures of Supra's :love: or even better, go for a drive.

Hopefully you will not be troubled again.

The only tricky part is getting hold of one. You do realise how rare the MkII Vertex ones are, yes?

Yes realize they are a bit thin on the ground over here..

That said, if you're ready to go, this one came up yesterday, and if it's in good nick, is an absolute bargain, IMO - I had to pay 7k for mine last year, and mine hasn't had the Sat Nav conversion either!

Spotted that one last night too, also a similar spec black one too for around 6K:eyebrows:

Thinking of an aristo...

OK... now don't panic :Pling:

Just take a few big breaths and if possible go and sit in a darkened room for half an hour, if you find that that doesn't cure these bad thoughts, take a look at some pictures of Supra's :love: or even better, go for a drive.

Hopefully you will not be troubled again.

PMSL:D On my way to find somewhere dark now, theres no danger of me forgetting how good supras look, I still love 'em:p:d

I really miss the head-turning looks of my Supra too, have to admit.

But then I also remember how much I would worry about this sort of nonsense with the Supra, and how much more relaxing it is leaving an innocent-looking Lexus in a public car park/out on the street, etc.

Edit: oh - I'll tell you what I miss most of all, tho'..... the waves..... having to watch Supras drive past without a hint of recognition :(

But then I also remember how much I would worry about this sort of nonsense with the Supra, and how much more relaxing it is leaving an innocent-looking Lexus in a public car park/out on the street, etc.

QUOTE]

I don't think that buying an aristo will stop people vandalising it. As said before it is a v. pimp car as friend had one and I am sure he he had idiots attack it too.

I guess it depends on the location. My Supra stood out loads and was recognised as a Supra by most of the local chav types. I don't think the Aristo looks particularly "pimp" in stock form - it just blends it with all the other big Mercs and Beemers around here. People don't give it a second glance.

go for it jon, i will give you £5k for your supra so you can buy it :p

lol, can I have a think about that m8, and i'll get back to you:taped::D

I still haven't come to my senses yet, keep thinking would be a real sleeper with a single kit on it:innocent::)

The MK2 is now hoving rapidly into affordability like the rest of the jap market. Want something different and manual I know a man might part with his 6 speed converted kazz sports mk1 that looks the balls. There are plenty of very very smart looking show cars going for not a lot of cash japside now with the mk3 aristo/gs300's making a name for themselves now in the big tuning shows. I'm now on my third aristo and having kids and their associatted paraphanalia I know for sure I'd get less use from my old aerotop supe than I do out of my aristo. Oh and a single conversion to a mk1 aristo will still leave you with change from your supra sale.

bloody hell Jon i leave you "unsupervised" for a month over Xmas and its all over lol, still if you get one of those bad boys alot of bits will be interchangable if things go wrong (for me) :D

:DI know m8, I need to "ave a word with myself" :D

Pop round and talk some sense in to me:innocent: