The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheels what to do?

rob wild

Ok so this is what the car/wheels look like at the moment:

Now i really like the wheels but close up they are not brilliant (expect the new one). I really wanted them refurb'd but looking into it apparently there is only a couple of people in the country that can do the lexus (machine turning (thanks col) ) Finish. The local alloy refurbish places just want to spray the whole wheel silver with a black inner bit (which is currently sprayed grey). Will this look rubbish!!!?!? And they also want £80-100 per wheel :blink: Or am i better off getting new wheels? But saying that i've always liked the Lexus ones because they are quite light and are the correct offset.

Any advice?

Have you tried Ibrar as he has a new set up ready for the end of the month, he was one of the only places that said they could refurb my Blitz Technospeeds

Yeah matey i asked him but he said that he could not do the Lexus finish :( Wish he could because i need new tyres as well so i could have been a one stop shop for me :(

From experience Rob, I would just invest in a new set of wheels. I have had refurbs and seen others and they are never great! You can spend £300 - £400 quid and end up with the same issues within 12 months!!:(

Mine have now been done twice in 12 months as I wasn't happy with the first attempt. All the paint started flaking within about 3 months......:blink:

H.

P.s, have you asked where Mike got his done? did a cracking job

Well i think i've just found the answer cheers for the tip:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=75101&highlight=diamond

:D £45 a wheel thats really cheap!!!

It wasn't Matt's tip was it? if it was that has to have been the luckiest mis-interpretation of a thread ever :D If it was mine curse my helpful nature ;)

Mike

It wasn't Matt's tip was it? if it was that has to have been the luckiest mis-interpretation of a thread ever :D If it was mine curse my helpful nature ;)

Mike

Wow, that was an odd outcome?! indeed, has to be the most amazing (and helpful) miss-interpretation ever! Lol :D

Get the Lexus ones re finished if their present (look fine to me...) state bugs you. They are one of the few decent wheels available for the MKIV. Quite a light weight, forged, correct offset, and correct centre hole diameter. They are incomparable to 90% of the junk sold in the aftermarket.

:D I was on your advice that i bought them in the first place :)

On a slight side note Chris would much would it cost for you to fit a sensor in my GT60 turbo? Just i've put my Egt gauge in put im a bit worried about tapping the turbo housing :)

If it was a genuine Garrett turbo I'd give a fixed price, but I have had a few shocks when drilling and tapping some other turbine housings as there were inclusions and pot hard bits in the casting, so on your head be it, but assuming the point was readily accessible on the car, or you just brought the turbo, 25 quid should do it assuming no nasties.

If it was a genuine Garrett turbo I'd give a fixed price, but I have had a few shocks when drilling and tapping some other turbine housings as there were inclusions and pot hard bits in the casting, so on your head be it, but assuming the point was readily accessible on the car, or you just brought the turbo, 25 quid should do it assuming no nasties.

Right ok cheers Chris :) Will be in touch when i can take the car off the road for a bit :)