The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Reversed into by fire engine

probrox

So i'm just sitting down watching telly and i see flashing lights going past the side of my house (which only leads to parking area round the back). Naturally I went up stairs to have a peek out the window. Turned out it was just some muppett with a big bonfire burning old tyres. Firemen proceed to put it out and jump back in the engine, then realise they cant turn round. One got out and stood in front of my car while the driver reversed. Unforunately it must take longer for the sound to reach him in the front because he seemed to completely ignore the bloke behind shouting stop. Reversed straight into my rear bumper and the fireman standing between. Fireman got out unhurt but the car took a dent and some scratches while i looked out in horror and shouted obscenities. To top it off the bloke behind jumped in the cab and they tried to scarper. Only just caught them. Thouroughly unimpressed. :mad:

Another damn insurance claim to sort out:(

Has anyone had any similar experiences with emergency services? Just wondering how long its likely to take to sort out and what my chances are of getting a new, but different rear end out of it.

Cant believe they were going to leave the scene of an accident ! Hope they make the claim easy for you mate

Neither could i, just glad i decided to be nosy. I expected more from them.

There'll be an investigation by the fire service. You'll get an apolgy & full pay out for all repairs.

Are you talking as a fireman or someone with experience?

I think that's a shocking result from a public service. The fire service are honourable and do a fantastic job in crappy circumstances. To have their reputation tarnished by a couple of idiots is terrible.

That said, god knows what kind of hassle they get for even the most minor of scrapes, it may be similar to the police (investigation, paperwork, hassle), whilst by no means an excuse, it might explain it a little.

If its anything like the Police force your local fire and rescue authority will have a big pot of money rather than an individual insurer which means that they will just pay you out of that following an investigation of course.

I wouldn't worry too much but it is very inconvenient.

Good luck sorting it out.

Do you reckon i've got any chance of getting a hire car? I was thinking the car would probably be in and out of the garage in a day.

If he has reversed into the back of your car i doubt it will be a case of a new bumper (which takes a few days anyway).

What you need to do is choose a bodyshop that YOU (not your insurance company) want the car repaired by and then call someone like Accident exchange or britannia (they will supply a hire car and charge to the 3rd party)

Your insurance company will try to put you onto drive assist for the hire car, however be VERY careful these guys were on watchdog recently for stiching people up for damage they hadn't done.

Good luck and let me know if you need a hand

Shocking that they were going to leave. Thats a criminal offence. I hope that they hold their hands up. What did they say when you caught them doing a runner?

They were just pulling away and still had the windows open. Heard them all laughing until they saw me coming. The one who'd just got in saw me coming and got them to stop again. Bloody good job cause I'm unfit and was half pissed at the time after a few sunday afternoon beers.

My mate in the police said that most officers and paramedics hate firemen because they're all lazy slackers, and they don't have the same moral fibre as they do!! :blink:

Kranz is a Copper???

I am after some info if you are please.:)

There are a few on here I think, Class One is another.

My mate in the police said that most officers and paramedics hate firemen because they're all lazy slackers, and they don't have the same moral fibre as they do!! :blink:

There are a few on here I think, Class One is another.

Ok, I will PM either of them to ask what I am after then thanks.

:eyebrows: