The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another Hid problem!!

fparrish

I have tried searching for information on hids but can't seem to find what i need to know so will give asking a go. Right well to start with i purchased a hid kit, (both headlamps were working fine before hid fitting.) i removed the normal bulbs which are i think phillips bluevision bulbs. replacing those with the hid kit. All connected up fine and bulbs fitted in place i go to test them. Turn on the lights and nothing, the sidelights are lighting up but not the lamps the hids are plugged into. tried plugging them into the main beams now the main beams are not coming on. Thought i might have a dodgy kit as i know these things tend to go wrong a lot, so tried my mates kit which we know works fine on his car (celica gt4) nothing again on my car. Tried in both main beam and dipped beam. Tried both kits on his car and both of them work perfectly on his in both positions can anyone point me in the right direction?! anyone had a similar problem and fixed it? Its weird and annoying me!

Any help is very much appreciated.

if the connectors (HID kit to loom) are anything like the group buy ones, you won't be making a connection as they are incompatible without modding, what i mean is the metal prongs(male connector) wont reach the (female connector) even when you have the connectors plugged in.

If that doesn't work, were you supplied with a power loom to connect to the battery?

Quite a few times the original wiring will not power the ballasts & the extra loom needs to be connected to the battery with the std wiring just switching the relay to power the HIDs...... if that makes sense? :D

• 1 year later...