The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front Bumper fade

TrevS

Hi Guys

I recently bought a 96 RSP supra and yesterday noticed that from the front of the car the bumper looks a little lighter than the rest of the car. I have inspected the bumper and it seems to be the original with no signs of a respray so is it that the paint could have faded?

From certain angles you can't even notice it and the bottom of the bumper appears to be slightly darker so do you think that the colour could have faded over time?

I'd like to hear from any Supra owners that have had or noticed a similar thing with their cars especially RSP supras.

Trev

I have taken some pictures so ill post them up when I get home. I did think that it might be that the bumpers are plastic and the other panels are metal so there might be a slight variation in colour.

Does anyone know how much a respray on the front bumper would be and how closely matched do you think a bodyshop could get the paint?

I have just been looking for some pictures of other RSP supras on here and I found one image of Jakes Supra that looks like it might have the same problem as mine

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=2453&d=1148755028

In other pictures it looks spot on but this in the one above there seems to be a colour difference between the bumper and the rest of the car

The body shop will have no problem painting that mate...looks like its just fade,they will get the code look at the chips,then decide whats best and paint it.

Cool, any ideas how much i should be looking at for a respray or any decent bodyshops?

My paint was faded on the bumper too - as has been said, some colours tend to exhibit fade where there's plastic. Though garaged all its life, the 1A1 on mine (coincidentally a pearl colour too) has had the same issue.

It'll cost you around £200+ to get it done nicely.