The mkiv Supra Owners Club

keighley trade sports and performance

Harllequin

We visited there today after a phone call to them this morning.

On the phone the guy I spoke to said the Supra I was interested in (RZ for £4999 on auto trader in white.) Had 77k miles on it and a shabby interior. I told him we would be there late afternoon for him to have a look at my FTO and for me to test the car, then maybe we could do a deal.

So we drove the 2 hours to get there.

Once there the car would not start as they had robbed part of the ignition system to fix another Supra they had.

Once they replaced that I was told I could hear it running. I turned on the ignition and it fired first time. Good start I thought.

Whats this though 180k KM on the clock. hhmm about 112k miles, a tad more than the 77k they said it had before my drive down.

I asked him about what he would give for my car. 3k he said. I told him he could have it for that minus the alloys and I'd put the mitsi wheels back on. He said that was no good. I advised him of the quality of the FTOs he had on show for 4k. He said they would go first as they were the faster GPX version and mine was just a GR.

Strange look crossed his face when I advised him mine was a GPX also. Wonder if it would have been a better sales format to actually ask me about my car before he said a price.

Anyway he would not budge from the price we would give for my car. So for future note GPX, GR, Modded or non modded you wont get any more for your car YAY them!!

Anyway I continued. Don’t ask me why, it seemed like a good idea at the time!

After much insistence I got to drive it!!

For about 500 yards,

Down a single track road,

In the industrial estate next to them.

Hardly the test drive I would have wanted. They said I could go no further as it had no fuel.

Told them to put some it DUH!! Again, NO coz it wasn’t taxed. So put trade plates on DUH!! Again, NO 'coz we don’t have any here' I was told.

But you can pay the deposit and come drive it another time. They said :rolleyes:

Another 4 hour round trip for a test drive AFTER paying a deposit. When they were fully aware I wanted to fully test the car today.

I asked if the car would be in full UK spec by then, e.g. reading MPH. Oh no, they don’t do that he said. Thats extra £97 to be exact :rolleyes:

At this point I began to search for that nice Mr Beadle chap :search:

I could go into the finer points of my visit there however I think this post is long enough.

In essence. I like to check places out for myself before I make my opinion.

Alas all that has been said about this fine trading establishment would appear to be true.

Fingers crossed for my FTO on autotrader then :D

Darren

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are so many Supras available now why bother with people like Keighley?

Because if you do a search on autotrader like I've been doing today, a few of their cars pop up at seemingly decent prices, and the pictures make the cars look really quite nice - and worth the trip to see them in person.....

Of course, if you don't know of their reputation or are not on these forums (or others for that matter) you'll not know to avoid them :(

Guest girlracer1970

Just came across this post although a bit late for myself.

I live in Belfast as u can tell from my location.lol

But i was looking at a few cars from this establishment and decided to go take a look, so flew out on the 12th dec.

I literally fell in love with one of the cars 95 twin turbo supra(white)

So went in a test drive on the 13th,like the first post,around the industrail estate next door, car seemed pretty gd to me

So I paid for the car,filled it up with petrol and was driving it to stranrear that day to bring it home.................Well i got as far as dumfries when the car broke down

The half shalf was not tightened apparantly and it slipped and hit the diff and broke the plate of it.Which i only found out later on when i got it back to Belfast.

I rang shack(not sure of the spelling), the guy that sold me the car and he basically said he only made £250 profit on the car as I had already bargained him down in price, bull I thought...

So after paying £225 to get towed to stranrear,then looking for a diff,which turned out to be the wrong one, I think I have now got the proper part, which was more expense, but still tonight the car is still in the garage awaiting part,more than a month after I purchased it and he thinks that I am only gonna take his £250...Well he may think again

I intend to get all the money back that I have lost out on the car and thanks to this thread can now also warn people TO STAY WELL AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.........

There are at least 5 or 10 threads on this company on here, and many more on other forums, im amazed people still even go.

And as for buying a car then carrying on with a busted diff 'cos he didnt make much', thats a bit daft to be fair! Take the nail back, cos if the diff bust, then more will be following very soon.

Guest girlracer1970

Well I had no option but to carry on,otherwise my 11yr old son and I would have been stranded.

And he told me about only making that much money after i phoned him telling him i had broke down and wanted compinsated...

There are at least 5 or 10 threads on this company on here, and many more on other forums, im amazed people still even go.......I only joined this site after i bought it so was unaware of this company,but i will be telling everyone from now on to stay well away

Good idea about the watchdog programme,might look into that.......

• 2 weeks later...
Guest supradave
We visited there today after a phone call to them this morning.

On the phone the guy I spoke to said the Supra I was interested in (RZ for £4999 on auto trader in white.) Had 77k miles on it and a shabby interior. I told him we would be there late afternoon for him to have a look at my FTO and for me to test the car, then maybe we could do a deal.

So we drove the 2 hours to get there.

Once there the car would not start as they had robbed part of the ignition system to fix another Supra they had.

Once they replaced that I was told I could hear it running. I turned on the ignition and it fired first time. Good start I thought.

Whats this though 180k KM on the clock. hhmm about 112k miles, a tad more than the 77k they said it had before my drive down.

I asked him about what he would give for my car. 3k he said. I told him he could have it for that minus the alloys and I'd put the mitsi wheels back on. He said that was no good. I advised him of the quality of the FTOs he had on show for 4k. He said they would go first as they were the faster GPX version and mine was just a GR.

Strange look crossed his face when I advised him mine was a GPX also. Wonder if it would have been a better sales format to actually ask me about my car before he said a price.

Anyway he would not budge from the price we would give for my car. So for future note GPX, GR, Modded or non modded you wont get any more for your car YAY them!!

Anyway I continued. Don’t ask me why, it seemed like a good idea at the time!

After much insistence I got to drive it!!

For about 500 yards,

Down a single track road,

In the industrial estate next to them.

Hardly the test drive I would have wanted. They said I could go no further as it had no fuel.

Told them to put some it DUH!! Again, NO coz it wasn’t taxed. So put trade plates on DUH!! Again, NO 'coz we don’t have any here' I was told.

But you can pay the deposit and come drive it another time. They said :rolleyes:

Another 4 hour round trip for a test drive AFTER paying a deposit. When they were fully aware I wanted to fully test the car today.

I asked if the car would be in full UK spec by then, e.g. reading MPH. Oh no, they don’t do that he said. Thats extra £97 to be exact :rolleyes:

At this point I began to search for that nice Mr Beadle chap :search:

I could go into the finer points of my visit there however I think this post is long enough.

In essence. I like to check places out for myself before I make my opinion.

Alas all that has been said about this fine trading establishment would appear to be true.

Fingers crossed for my FTO on autotrader then :D

Darren

Aye up mate,

me n the wife drove the 2 hours down to part ex the FTO for a skyline they had in ..

got there and i was shocked !:mad:

the place is a dump!!!! Our lass stood in dog sh*t after we had been there for 5 mins ... they offered me pennys for the FTO and there cars were heaps of CRAP !!!

Got a Impreza STI from A1 Performance @ tyneside autopark .. they are not bad , still needed to replace the clutch like £600 !!! but hey... i still fancy a supra like but the wife wants me to keep the scooby until august... i have only had it 4 months!!;)

Think you should get togeather and log an joint complaint to the local trading standards were co is based and also may be watch dog, however trading standards have a responsiblity to look into each of your cases and if few are rceceived together they will look at them alot more