The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra n/a vs fiat 20vt

Guest newtothis

Guest newtothis

im after a supra and as much as i would love a turbo funds would not allow this so a n/a is my route so i have some questions

1. will a n/a out perform a 20vt or how close etc

2.if after some time i wanted to fit a turbo would it be worth it or just go out and sell the n/a and buy a turbo

3. with an aero do you have any leaking problems

4. with my old 20vt it used to groundout all the time any such problems with the supra

that should do for now

im after a supra and as much as i would love a turbo funds would not allow this so a n/a is my route so i have some questions

1. will a n/a out perform a 20vt or how close etc

2.if after some time i wanted to fit a turbo would it be worth it or just go out and sell the n/a and buy a turbo

3. with an aero do you have any leaking problems

4. with my old 20vt it used to groundout all the time any such problems with the supra

that should do for now

Dont think there will be much in it personally in terms of speed. I think the fiat has a faster 0 to 60 but i think the N/A supe will be faster up the top end. N/A supe is 225BHP, Fiat is about 200BHB i think, but the Fiat is likley to be ligher so hence i dont think there will be much between them.

In terms of reliability, it the Toyota hands down. Fiats are generally crap, The 2.0 turbo in the fiats is renowned as weak, ive known 2 people have them and have nothing but problems. The N/A supe is bullet proof and over engineered for its power so is solid and reliable (unlike the fiat)

1. No idea

2. Much cheaper to sell and buy a TT

3. They can leak if the rubber seals have hardened or perished, I can supply brand new seals if needed.

4. Depends how much it is lowered by, on stock suspension no, but if excessively lowered or with certain body kits yes you will have problems.