The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alloy Wheel Refurb

Wayney

ask Jurgen, Envy thats there neck of the woods is it not :)

Mate this was the straight forward option, called Jurgen, and he gave me his alloy wheel man.

NO DISRESPECT TO JURGEN IN ANY WAY

But the guy he gave me is a complete TOSSER!!!!

TWAT!!!!

C*NT!!!

Hes quoted me one price, for all 4 wheels, £350, then decides he cant be bothered as its an hr drive to Michel Lanes place. Comes out with hes loosing money, coz he has to drive an hr. But hes a mobile service!! And the North East is spread out, not like London!!

Then he comes out with I can knock out 12 wheels in a day, even though business is slow at the moment, which he told me. Then he decides, he will only do 1/4 of the work for £200.

So price that is a 400% rise, of £200 for 2 wheels which I was origionally quoted £45 a wheel.

Thats right 1/4 of the work, only polish the lips, no sand blasting or power coating and wants £200.

I've got the customer comming from Sweden on Wed, so I'm desperate, so i say ok lets do it for £200 just for 2 wheels. Then he says, I've just takne on more work and cant do ii for another week!!!

Dont know what paint thinner hes been sniffing in the North East, but its def stronger than the one they sell down south.

TWAT!!!

To add insult to injury, I've got an Alloy Wheel guy in Knightsbridge, right near Harrords who does Lambos, Ferraris etc who GVN recommended and he said the cost to polish a lip is £60 a wheel.

So why will I pay £200 to do two wheels in the North East???

Oh yeer, while I'm on the subject, this is the same bloke to nackered this poor lads wheels!!

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=137106

NAME & SHAME

http://www.alloymedic.com/

Doug

07872 985 822

Search for Spit and polish and give them a call

Thanks mate, will do a search on google.

jeez what the feck have they done to that lads wheels, i would think he will get a full refund though,(common sense would tell him that)

You'd think so but doesn't look like the mods agree??... They've only offered him £15 a wheel! It's a joke! I'd be fuming!!! :blink:

You'd think so but doesn't look like the mods agree??... I'd be fuming!!! :blink:

I spoke to Doug at AlloyMedic and he rems doing those exact wheels before Xmas, and said he did not do them personally, he gave it to another lad to do who works for him.

To add insult to Injury, Envy had not contact Alloy Medic about this members complaint. When i spoke to Doug he said it was the first time he heard about this.

Some thing fishy is going on, and Envy should do the honourable thing and either replace this poor lads wheels or get them refurb for free again!!! :(

I spoke to Doug at AlloyMedic and he rems doing those exact wheels before Xmas, and said he did not do them personally, he gave it to another lad to do who works for him.

To add insult to Injury, Envy had not contact Alloy Medic about this members complaint. When i spoke to Doug he said it was the first time he heard about this.

Some thing fishy is going on, and Envy should do the honourable thing and either replace this poor lads wheels or get them refurb for free again!!! :(

if thats right .........

Correct!!

You don't take a job on unless you can finish it off properly!! Although I don't actually think it's Envy's fault for the bad workmanship, it was done "through" them and therefore they have to take some responsibility!!:blink:

H.

Correct!!

You don't take a job on unless you can finish it off properly!! Although I don't actually think it's Envy's fault for the bad workmanship, it was done "through" them and therefore they have to take some responsibility!!:blink:

H.

They did offer to re-fund the money they made through it though didnt they ? I dont think they can do much more than that . Its the other company who are to blame .

They did offer to re-fund the money they made through it though didnt they ? I dont think they can do much more than that . Its the other company who are to blame .

so if you buy a car from the local toyota car dealer and there is a fault, you go straight to toyota do you:search: if you have work done by a company, and they choose to use another company to carry out the work, your contract is solely with the first company, (or has common sense gone mad now)

True, but if you make the profit you have to deal with the shit when things go wrong. I have looked at the particular thread in a lot of detail and I personally would be raging. The wheels never stood a chance, they looked great ashthetically but were always going to deteriorate quickly as they are not sealed/protected. It's like putting a new wing on your car and not painting it.................then being surprised your new wing is rusty.....:rolleyes:

It doesn't help knowing that Mike is fanatical about looking after his car and I reckon must be gutted!

H.

Mate, seriously, do a bit of home work on contract law :roll:

If you want to be a middle man, you have to accept full responsibility when something goes wrong, then you, as the middle man, then go after whoever you had a contract with.

Gaz that is salt corrosion and nothing more, they are bare Aluminium wheels !

jeez leaving them with no protection:( (thats bad) mind you glad you mentioned to me the tips on protecting and cleaning all the bling,(although always a pain to keep cleaning:(

So your purpose of this thread was what exactly? Stir up the dispute thread between Envy and Mike? The mods are trying to discuss a solution between Envy and Mike, and threads like this one seek undermine the work that is being done to try and negotiate a resolution.

jeez leaving them with no protection:( (thats bad) mind you glad you mentioned to me the tips on protecting and cleaning all the bling,(although always a pain to keep cleaning:(

I did warn you it is a serious commitment :D.

I polished my stock 17" wheels a couple of years go. i forgot to clean them and after a few days they had the old white deposits. Needless to say i would never get a blingy wheel for the uk roads unless it was a summer car only.