The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hints on getting boss kit off

cheekymonkey

See if you can get a soft piece of timber etc, in the boss form the side and onto the top of the bolt bit in the middle. Pull it out towards you, pulling on the boss and pushing against the bolt, work your way around and this should work it off.

PS nice clear dash kit ;)

put the wheel back on and shake, pull and lever it should come loose :)

I did think of that, I would have to take my wheel off it's quick release mech as I don't want to strain it.

I will give that a go as a last resort as I don't want to end up with a warped steering wheel... or am I being paranoid? :)

Mate thanks but it's making my brain melt. You mean push something through the side of the boss kit? I am not sure I can do that, there's only a small hole :(

Sorry buddy, in that case my way may not work, I was thinking of when I removed my momo boss which was all holes :D

Putting the wheel back on however is a good shout...!

I did think of that, I would have to take my wheel off it's quick release mech as I don't want to strain it.

I will give that a go as a last resort as I don't want to end up with a warped steering wheel... or am I being paranoid? :)

just turn left and right with quick movements should do it :)