The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dump valve question

SupraD06

hiya all, ive got a turbosmart dumpvalve fitted to the car at the moment and i only had it fitted AFTER having the car BPU'd, and ive noticed that if you get to around 4000rpm so you can hear the second turbo spooling up, but you hold it there a second while waiting to pull out for example, then the dumpvalve sounds like its just hissing continuously until you either back off or let the second turbo cut in. the dumpvalve has an adjustable top on it for softer or harder settings. so my question is should i adjust it so its harder to open at higer revs making a tight seal at higher boost and if i do this will it make it to hard for it to open on low boost????

any thoughts guys:blink:

i was thinking of turning it abit at a time and try running it to see when it stops leaking, but was just worried it would be to tight to open at low boost or would it just not open all the way??

Edit: just been and checked and its almost all the way down on hard setting, so its not strong enough to take BPU, so options are change it for a different one or go back to stock

can anyone who has one of these confirm if this is the right one for fitting in place of the stock BOV???? and is this a good price or can it be got cheaper else where???

cant get link to work for some reason but on ebay if you search the item number is 290130343737

hiya all, ive got a turbosmart dumpvalve fitted to the car at the moment and i only had it fitted AFTER having the car BPU'd, and ive noticed that if you get to around 4000rpm so you can hear the second turbo spooling up, but you hold it there a second while waiting to pull out for example, then the dumpvalve sounds like its just hissing continuously until you either back off or let the second turbo cut in. the dumpvalve has an adjustable top on it for softer or harder settings. so my question is should i adjust it so its harder to open at higer revs making a tight seal at higher boost and if i do this will it make it to hard for it to open on low boost????

any thoughts guys:blink:

similar thing is happening to mine ive got a new hks ssqv only been on and used a few days but its starting to like hiss when the 1st turbo spools up and stops higher up the revs, could this be leaking?, what could have caused this if it is?, whats the best way to get round this? sorry for the hijack

look like the right thing with mount kit to mount in place of the stock bov. Regarding your hissing issue, are you sure its not just the wastewate you are hearing? at 4000rpm a lot of boost is being leaked through that one until you hit the throttle...

i could be but then again i havnt got a clue about that sort of thing, im not sure what sort of bhp the turbosmart one can handle it just says it must be at least a 1.8 engine. does anybody else hear this hissing sound like its leaking boost if they hold the throttle at around 4000-4500rpm????? and also ive asked Nic for a price on a HKS SSQV as ive heard they are much more reliable. would anyone with the HKS one agree.