The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Trial rear bracket fabrication

CarlT67

I will be getting my car back form the bodyshop on Friday and I have got to add an additional fixing bracket for the trial bumper from the underside where it goes under the fuel tank to the car....

I am after any pointers as where to attach to and if anyone had any pictures....?

I will be making the brackets myself to any pointers on the size etc... would also be appreciated...!

you wanna seal the bumper to the fuel tank as well to stop the air from getting in

Yea I was thinking of making something to go along the front edge there to stop the parachute effect, not to sure what to you though for something to cover such a vast area...

If I might suggest

the original Trial rears come with holes under the rear that let air escape thus negating the potential problem of the 'parachute effect'

These need to be fabricated if not present on your copy (if that's what you get)

However you do need to bracket both sides of the exhaust hole to ensure you have a sturdy rear (Oo-er missus) otherwise you will get 'flexing' potentially causing fine hairline cracks in your paint job over time

If you get the aluminium brackets - these can be cut to size as required :)

Are the holes you mention the ones on the underside 'diffuser' part or are they visible from the rear of the car...?

If I might suggest

the original Trial rears come with holes under the rear that let air escape thus negating the potential problem of the 'parachute effect'

These need to be fabricated if not present on your copy (if that's what you get)

However you do need to bracket both sides of the exhaust hole to ensure you have a sturdy rear (Oo-er missus) otherwise you will get 'flexing' potentially causing fine hairline cracks in your paint job over time

If you get the aluminium brackets - these can be cut to size as required :)

• 1 month later...

Make sure you have a bracket either side of the exhaust tunnel, this s the bumpers weakest point. I used mm ally, used fuel tank bolt hole and drilled other to chassis.

I sold a good 10 sets of these and non have been ripped off. The bumper becomes very rigid at its weakest point.

cheers

Si