The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Im going to paint and fit my own spats!

The Raven

Had enough of seeing them in the hall, Was going to wait and get them and the skirts done at the same time.

Wish me luck im going to need it.:D:D:D:D

Step 1. Removal of old trim is done.

Step 2. Fill Little marks on spats done.

I should add i have little experance in spraying and bodywork.

Guest CoolsBlue

sand the surface smooth, wipe with a damp cloth then wipe over it with a dust free cloth, prime it, then another layer of primer, then ther base coat, do misty coats and build up over 3 stages, then a mist of clear coat all over it, then a heavier coat, then a wet coat on it. if done properly its going to look sweet! also i wouldnt rivet through the stock holes as you might want to remove them at some point, youd have to drill the rivet out making the hole bigger (then will have to use a big rivet when re fitting a trim or spat) use the stock screws, theyll be fine and use a WATER proof double sided tape (not the foamy kind) or a sealent like tiger seal, but youll have to use tape to hold it in place. which i wouldnt do on a newly sprayed surface(paint wont be 100% dry and could rip of in a ruuber ish form)...good luck mate

dnt mean 2 hijack u have inspired me...

I want to spray and fit my front bumper now...

the Bumper is primered, think it might need 1 more coat though...before anything need some explanations...

Base coat?

Misty Coat?

mist of clear coat?

Heavier coat?

Wet coat?

Ok now what is the differece between these coats, and what paint is required?, the toyota paint from halfords??....do you use a spary can or do you have to buy something special...