The mkiv Supra Owners Club

headlights in glass no longer?

patrik

Hello,

i needed to buy new headlights for my supra (we drive on the other side of the road).

my toyota dealer ordered them and when they arrived they were the plastic fantastic ones!! (last time at the same dealer it was glas.)

he then said that he uses the same computer system that have a server in australia and that even uk and all others use it to and what he said then is the bomb.

Toyota dont make the glass ones anymore! is this really true?:(

sorry mate but he is talking b*llox they do still make and sell glass headlights, he probably balls up your order and don,t want to change them, or he has the wrong part no

He's talking about LHD Euro ones though Gaz, not UK.

I'll see if I can find the correct part numbers for them.

There are a few different part numbers for the LHD Euro headlights.

Patrik did your car originally have glass head lights fitted from the factory? If it did, if you pm me your frame and model number I will check which headlight number you need.

Euro ones?

While I doubt they've stopped making them it's not beyond the realms of possibility. There's an increasing number of parts now that they have stopped making.

It's the sort of part that they may discontinue after stock has run out, they do this sometimes if there are other alternative parts that can be substituted, ie. other LHD headlight versions.

ok now i got the part nr its

811101b190

811501b190

and they are the plastic ones :-(

for approx: 480£ and thats the same price as the glass unit had last time i need lights in may 2007.

nice to live in sweden sometimes

oh and its a jza80-0009839 TT autobox

would really love to know if getting glass ones still works they are way better looking than the plastic

One of the reasons they are more expensive is because you bought the headlight assemblies (according to the part numbers) which include all the bulbs too. Toyota sell the headlight housings without the bulbs, which are cheaper.

Here' are the part numbers for all the European headlights, it looks like the ones you have should be the correct ones, so not sure why they aren't glass.

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/2226/picture1yh9.png

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/1548/picture2dk5.png