The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Federal tyres

Guest Shadow-Lord

Are you kidding me?? Tyres are the very last thing you should skimp on for a TT supra that needs all the help it can get putting power on the road. Seriously buy decent tyres or you will crash the car at worst or have a pretty undriveable vehicle at best.

Amen to that. The difference between ropey and good tyres is like night and day.

Yeah i have them falkens on both of my cars now and when my rangey tyres need replacing I will put the falkens on. In the dry the grip from them aren't as good as the eagles as i get wheelspin from the falkens but not a jot from pirrelli p zero nero's or goodyears but the price is very good for what you are getting. I certainly wouldn't put any "worse" a tyre than the Flaken on the back of a TT supra.

The 452's have a decent band around the edge of the tyre so should last a bit longer than the eagles who's tread peters off at the outer edges.

Yeah, I believe that is so, as most of the driving I do is around town and lots of lovely tyre killing roundabouts.

If the Falken's are more resistant to that type of wear, then I'll be getting some for sure! :)

Yer, go with the Falkens if you don't want to pay too much. They are great tyres and at a very good price.

Someone I know at work put Federals on his Civic Type R, quoting that some rally team uses them or something like that. Soon after he lost the car down some lanes and rolled it. Now im not saying that it was the tyres fault but you just never know.

Mark

Are you kidding me?? Tyres are the very last thing you should skimp on for a TT supra that needs all the help it can get putting power on the road. Seriously buy decent tyres or you will crash the car at worst or have a pretty undriveable vehicle at best.

maybe he meant these DB?.....http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m12b0s666p10785.....i suspect these are better tyres than you think when you think of Federal.

IMO its not really Goodyear, Falken, Federal thats necessarily an indication of a suitable tyre its the actual model and its particular performance.........

Guest Shadow-Lord

Thanks for all the comments.

I was only told these were good. I didn't get a price on these, so had no idea they were cheap.

I won't be touching these.

Can anyone recommend where to buy Goodyear, or Pirrelli online, that will ship to Ireland.

Got them on the back of mine at the moment, excellent in the dry but not a patch on Eagle F1's in the wet. And as they've started to wear down they've become nigh on dangerous in the damp and slippery weather.

I'm going back to the F1's..

Cool thanks :thumbs: