The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bpu without fcd

wilkorangerover

I've got no FCD and I never hit fuelcut at 1.3bar...

You must have one or an after market ECU, either that or your boost guage is reading 1.3 bar and you actually acheive below the 1 bar fuel cut limit on the stock ECU. I think you have to be over the 1 bar limit for a couple of seconds before fuel cut kicks in.

You must have one or an after market ECU, either that or your boost guage is reading 1.3 bar and you actually acheive below the 1 bar fuel cut limit on the stock ECU. I think you have to be over the 1 bar limit for a couple of seconds before fuel cut kicks in.

Might have an another ecu, don't know. I've had it on a RR a few times and it read 1.3 bar as well. :search:

• 4 months later...

My car came with a Mines ecu , anyway of telling if i'll need a fcd or should i buy one and just be safe anyway ?

My car came with a Mines ecu , anyway of telling if i'll need a fcd or should i buy one and just be safe anyway ?

Have not a got a clue mate sorry. Do a search as I have seen a few Mines ECU's up for sale in the past. It may have been mentioned.

Or google it.

I think i hit fuel cut today when i was going home from work...

I shifted into 3rd gear, and overtook some slow coach going onto the dual carriageway and...i got thrown forwards in my seat with the traction control light flashing at me...

Was this fuel cut or was it just traction control cutting power to the rear wheels??

Yes, as well as a massive thump in the back and a "WTF was that" moment.

You can confirm a fuel cut by checking for error codes

I wend panik, "I'll killed a nother supra engine.. oohh nooo", turn it off and waited for 1 minut be fore try starting it again...

That was how i handel this WTF moment LOL

:)

I think i hit fuel cut today when i was going home from work...

I shifted into 3rd gear, and overtook some slow coach going onto the dual carriageway and...i got thrown forwards in my seat with the traction control light flashing at me...

Was this fuel cut or was it just traction control cutting power to the rear wheels??

Sound like wheel spin...has happend to me a few times in the wet...funny when you turn it off you go sideways[OOPS][/OOPS]

Sound like wheel spin...has happend to me a few times in the wet...funny when you turn it off you go sideways[OOPS][/OOPS]

Ahh, was that what it was??

I wasnt sure because it felt like fuel cut but i had no warnings come up on my dash...just the TC light flashing at me...:)