The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra MPG my results Part 2

jamesmark

Have copied my last results into this thread:

Thought I would give this a test and see what I got.

The Car

UK spec TT Auto with 2nd decat and cat back so running stock boost. 18" wheels. (Australian voice on) Plus mines a red one so it's faster. (Australian voice off- KBW :))

1st journey

258 miles, average speed on M1 was 74mph (gps) then appx 90 miles at an average speed of 55 mph, using cruise control as much as possible, appx 20 miles of this was town driving.

Journey was South Yorkshire to Scotland, up the M1/A1 via Berwich upon Tweed. was filled up using 95 ron as no Shell or Tesco for Supra unleaded.

Filled the tank up again, filling it up till I could not get anymore in, 11.01 Gallons went in.

So 23 mpg on this trip.

2nd journey

212 miles of town driving/short trips with appx 60 miles of this covered on a bypass. Took 11.89 gallons filling with V-power to fill her back up so total:

17.8 MPG on this trip.

3rd journey

Traveling at avg of 65 mph (GPS) with cruise on. 44 miles was B roads traveling probably at appx 40 mph up and down hills then down the M74/M6.

Using V-Power this time instead of normal unleaded.

220 miles covered in total took 9.04 gallons to fill her back up working out at :

24.3 mpg on this trip.

So both fuels used (95ron and Vpower) on long trips. All fill ups were between trips and filled till I could not get anymore into the tank, even giving it time to settle.