The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Afr

tooquicktostop

Dropped the TT of at AFR this morning for a full service, Heater matrix flush, cam belt, fitting of SMIC, fitting of FCD, fitting of Apexi exhaust, fitting of Blitz BOV and a full check over, Managed to 'loose' my car keys for an hour so was running late as usual but Matt was waiting when I arrived and a very impressive place it is with a lot more coming very soon

Matt had arranged the use of one of his courtesy cars so not having to find a train station etc excellent :)

Rolling road was almost finished as is the upstairs lounge where you will be able to watch the mapping on a plasma while keeping warm !!

Worth a trip if you are local to look at the place even if it is just to listen to the TVR's in the workshop

Car should be ready tomorrow all being well :)

Errrr, what's that in English??? LOL

Or are you talking in code ;)

Dyno Code :D

Matt will know what i mean.

Maha and DD (dyno dynamics) are dyno brands. DD dyno come with a unique Strapping system at the back which works very well on supra for enabling it to keep traction on the dyno. Im wondering if Matt is going to make something similar for the maha's as strapping needs to be good with 500+bhp supra's and i know Matt is not going to do a DT and strap it through the car!

Are you adapting the strapping system Matt with the Maha to work like the DD's

One's thing for certain, I wont be strapping through the car :rolleyes: This dyno has the larger rollers, additionally the rear rollers have just been knurled to give better traction. I will have to see how it goes. The power bar on the DD is a great, effective and simple solution. The owner here assures me I wont get slip, but I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Is the Maha the same type of dyno that Dan T uses?

Yep albeit with the bigger rollers, think it's the next model up sort of thing.

The bigger rollers mean that we can do runs upto 170odd mph safely and so most of the mapping will be done with the gearbox in 1:1.

Good to see you again Dean and thanks for the comments, just been passed your car and the bottom pulley is causing some swearing :D

Have to say though, the car is in very good shape :)

Edit: Too late :D

Just had a 6.3litre Chevy engined Tuscan, and good grief it's cool ! However, it's just had a full geo setup including corner weighting. Austec do also do raceprep, so I will find out prices on geo setups etc and let you all know :)

What a noise this thing made :drool:

We need pics and vids:D

It was this one ;)

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=252912

Really nice guy too :)

Wow what a car:cool:, that Richard guy will do the full conversion including parts and labour for 13k, and you still have your old tuscan engine and box to sell on.

Pick up a nice tuscan for 15k (there is one on PH for £9800) sell old box and engine itro 2k spend the dosh on the conversion and thats one hell of a car for 25kish maybe as low as 20k:cool: