The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single Turbo kit

supraguye

This is the XS power kit aint it, the one that Turbofit used, I think alot of members are using all or parts of the kit. - not for me though, in my opinion you get what you pay for - £650 fora complete turbo kit, something has to be a miss.

Seriously though, what sort of problems have members been complaining of?

I was thinking of buying the kit and probably reselling the turbo, wastegate and intercooler

Seriously though, what sort of problems have members been complaining of?

I was thinking of buying the kit and probably reselling the turbo, wastegate and intercooler

But that would leave you with the hideous mess of a Manifold.

Stick to SP/BL/HKS/GReddy kits.

Honestly, it's junk (I have 1st hand experience). The only usable parts are the mnaifold and wastegate and thats only if you're lucky enough to get a mnaifold that doesn't fall start dropping welds/splitting and the wastegate sticking.

Are you aware of the other bits required to do a single turbo conversion (the single 'kit' itself is only the tip of the iceburg)

Honestly, it's junk (I have 1st hand experience). The only usable parts are the mnaifold and wastegate and thats only if you're lucky enough to get a mnaifold that doesn't fall start dropping welds/splitting and the wastegate sticking.

I've understood from many ppl that the wastegate itself sticks sometimes. Was just wondering about the quality of the turbo.

Are you aware of the other bits required to do a single turbo conversion (the single 'kit' itself is only the tip of the iceburg)

Yep, I know, was just checking on here first as suprawise, its the best reference point I know of. And for the quantity of items u receive the price seems pretty good. But, I guess, you pay for sh$t .... and thats exactly what u get

A response from supraforums on this:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5703069#post5703069

Waiting to see what the rest of the guys have to say

Some of the manifolds are "ok" but it's very very hit and miss.

A few people on here have had major issues with the kits, and in the case of the manifold that you're intending to use - some have found that the wastegate port was welded shut/non existant, leading to massive over boosting - engines dying.

The runners are never balanced and the welds are pre-school quality.

Then there is the fitting of the turbos, half the time you can't mount anything bigger than their SMALLER than stock T60/T70 as the manifold is not angled right to allow clearance from the block.

etc etc etc....

Are the turbos themselves any good alex?

Not really - the T60 has no more guts than the stock turbos.

The T70 has no more than hybrid stock turbos.

(they arn't 60mm and 70mm - it's a case of very confusing naming).

They work, but are slow to spool and generally make the Supra a worse car.