The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Having Problems......HELP!

Guest maxi boost

Guest maxi boost

Hey guys, ive jus got a my hands on a 1990 7mgte 3.0i, had it for nout of my uncle, quite a good looker, needs a little touch here and there and the interiors a bit shabby, but my main concern was jus before he gave me the car, it got sorta ill, pissin smoke and when ever started the boost gauge would drop to zilch! :blink: anyway, after closer inspection, i notice the gasket had gone between the turbo and exhaust flange thingy, also the hose runnin over the turbo to the inlet manifold (got 3000 stampted init) had quite a bit of oil, ive asked around and my mates rekon its the oil seals in the turbo have gone, also would the turbo being naffed prevent the engine from startin? any suggestions guys, i have a spare turbo of another supra which im breaking if anyones interested, same car but auto, so guys, lend us a hand, barring in mind im 21, and stuck in a shitty job which pays feck all, cheers guys!!