The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Turbo Bhp stupid question

supraspeed

Each turbo has a rating with supporting mods of course.

Stock TT = approx 320 bhp.

Go single = whatever you want, 1000 bhp anyone.

There are loads of turbos and loads of people here have fitted various types.

Type in GT4088, T61, T78, etc in search and reap the benefits. :)

i would like to know what my turbo is but theres so much stuff above & between it that i can't make out anything, plus its got surface rust or something on the actual turbo so i can't make out any names or ref codes...also doesn't help having heat plates everywhere lol...

The type etc. should be cast into the forging mate. Everyone likes to advertise, however that means you need to get some wire wool on it to discover what you've got. From that - here or Google. :)

The things that i need to do with this cars proper piling up, find and fix traction control, convert km-mph, fix interior lights, fix handbrake, get car dyno'd, find out what map setting its running on, fit working seatbelts, get aircon gassed, get new spoiler sprayed and fitted, get new headlight, buy new tires to fit new wheels, fit wheels, find out why all aftermarket gauges shut off independantly of each other in 3 days, change exhaust system, ...........use wire wool to uncover turbo make.....tomorrow...find out where my moneys going......

The things that i need to do with this cars proper piling up, find and fix traction control, convert km-mph, fix interior lights, fix handbrake, get car dyno'd, find out what map setting its running on, fit working seatbelts, get aircon gassed, get new spoiler sprayed and fitted, get new headlight, buy new tires to fit new wheels, fit wheels, find out why all aftermarket gauges shut off independantly of each other in 3 days, change exhaust system, ...........use wire wool to uncover turbo make.....tomorrow...find out where my moneys going......

Hmmm, will not be such a cheap car then when finished :D

What ECU is the car running, you stated 400-450 BHP in your sig how do you know ??

FCon V (V-5 i presume)

i was told buy the seller- gave me a load about loosing the dyno readout and its on a certain amount of boost etc... i gave my dad a quick run on the motorway against his evo fq400 and i was a bit quicker so i'd imagine its around those figures anyway- i'l be well pissed if it turns out not to be though.....

Where was it brought from mate??

I would get it in for a full inspection of the set up before you worry about getting it dynoed and power figures, have you seen the FCON??, there are not many tuners who map these unfortunatly

It is worth getting the cars fuelling checked and ensure everything is running ok and in safe tollerances before you get too carried away with further mods

HKS Pistons seems like the sort of thing that may not exist, cant remember the last NA engine I saw on here that had been treated to those

FCon V (V-5 i presume)

Have a dig around the passenger footwell under the carpet for the gold coloured FCon box... it may well be under the black plastic ECU protective cover (2x10mm bolts to undo) as mentioned though get the fueling checked as from the interior shot I cant see a AFR gauge

Have a dig around the passenger footwell under the carpet for the gold coloured FCon box... it may well be under the black plastic ECU protective cover (2x10mm bolts to undo) as mentioned though get the fueling checked as from the interior shot I cant see a AFR gauge

yeah, its under the passanger floormat, not very secretive. i got the car off ebay from some trader who got it from japan but only told me he had no idea of what was going on under the bonnet only after the gearbox exploded! cheeky c*nt!!! that was a month later but like a sucker i didn't get a warrenty or n e thing so i was screwed really. he's recently stopped trading.....i wonder why, tw*t