The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS silent Hi power

supra_aero

hmmm

I am coming from a stupidly loud rx7 to a near stock supra. Its way too quiet at the moment. I'll listen to it when its on and decide

lol I can see where you're coming from now with having the rex :D end of the day fella everyone likes something different ;)

I had the 2nd cat out with my nur spec R (no baffle) and my windows were rattling from the noise. My ears were popping and gave me a headache. One member of the plod said he could hear me a mile off - not sure if this is true?? but the car was doing 97db on idle. I now run with a Kakimoto and the 2nd cat in and appreciating the silencer :)

I have just put the Nur Spec S back box on my N/A and its perfect for me.

It gives a suttle noise on tick over, not much loader than the standard exhaust, but a deeper sound and a very sensible load when gunning it.

It looks the same as the Nur Spec R from behind, but because it fits straight onto the standard centre box it doesn't give the ground clearance issues and the fit is perfect.

Whats even better I picked up mine of E-Bay last week for £100 and its as new.

Cheers DodgyRog
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_cool.gif

yeah, as Dazzi says it'll be louder - are you decatted?

Getting one of these fitted to my NA on Thursday but its the NA specific one with twin box and slightly smaller pipework £375 + VAT brand new.

That's seems a fair price who you getting that from? PM if you want

I have just put the Nur Spec S back box on my N/A and its perfect for me.

It gives a suttle noise on tick over, not much loader than the standard exhaust, but a deeper sound and a very sensible load when gunning it.

It looks the same as the Nur Spec R from behind, but because it fits straight onto the standard centre box it doesn't give the ground clearance issues and the fit is perfect.

Whats even better I picked up mine of E-Bay last week for £100 and its as new.

Cheers DodgyRog
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_cool.gif

Link?

Is that exhaust in the pic for the supra? If so why is there two pipe's instead of one?

EDIT: Nic can you PM me some details please.

The pic is for the back box only that connects to the stock exhaust system (Same as the Nur spec S). If you already have a full replacement exhaust you'll need the full system

I have the silent hi power on my new NA and also double de cat and it sounds great.

I'll need to get a looky at that Kieth. I've been thinking about going for the silent Hi power on my NA for a while now. Actually since the last Aberdeen meet where I was the only one with the 'silent' stock exhaust.

Hows Eve's car getting on? she was talking about a new set of rims and a respray?

Dave

Hi Nick - any chance of posting up the full diagram for the exhaust system with labels please mate?

I'm a bit of a technical numpty and that would help me understand where everything is located and how they fit together.

Cheers

In terms of the stock exhaust system from the engine backwards, you have the first catalytic convertor, next the second catalytic convertor, next the mid section which splits into two with silencer on each section, then the rear silencer and tail pipe.

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/1972/picture1jz2.png

Here are pics of the first and second cat

This is a pic of the mid sections and rear silencer

Most aftermarket exhaust systems are referred to as cat back systems, these basically replace the mid section and rear silencer pictured above.

In terms of the stock exhaust system from the engine backwards, you have the first catalytic convertor, next the second catalytic convertor, next the mid section which splits into two with silencer on each section, then the rear silencer and tail pipe.

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/1972/picture1jz2.png

Here are pics of the first and second cat

http://mkiv.com/techarticles/downpipe_pics/stock_cats/mvc-006s.jpg

This is a pic of the mid sections and rear silencer

http://mkiv.com/techarticles/exhaust/stock_exhaust/View2.jpg

Most aftermarket exhaust systems are referred to as cat back systems, these basically replace the mid section and rear silencer pictured above.

Basically as Nic said, if you look in the bottom pic, then all I have replaced is the back box with the Nur Spec S