The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toad alarm - LOAD OF POO POO

Guest CoolsBlue

Test Mode -

The system can be placed in test mode to check the operation of the perimeter switches, sensors and to

adjust sensitivity.

To Enter Test Mode:

• Turn the ignition “on”, then “off”, “on” then “off”, then turn and leave the ignition “on”.

• The LED will illuminate

• Press and hold buttons 1 and 2 together for three seconds. The siren will emit a small chirp when in

Test Mode.

All sensors, excluding ignition, can now be checked for function. When each sensor is activated the siren

should chirp.

To Exit Test Mode:

• Turn the ignition “off”

Alarm Unit Set-Up

Ultrasonic Sensitivity & Adjustment -

Adjust the sensitivity of the sensors only when you have mounted them in place. Turning the potentiometer on

the side of the main control unit controls the sensitivity. Put the system in test mode so that the siren chirps

when the unit detects a zone violation. In the usual way, following the VSIB code of practice, adjust this

sensitivity so that the ultrasonics detect movement of a large body inside the vehicle, but are not so sensitive

that small disturbances lead to false activation’s.

Note: The ultrasonics incorporate an automatic override, if the sensors are interrupted within the first 20

seconds they will automatically override (pet mode) and will monitor the sensors every 5 seconds, so if the

movement stops they will automatically reinstate.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/betyouaint/Ai606_Install.pdf

Hope it helps bud..:)

im fookin lost now!:D thanks ill have a good read and try to understand it:)

Lol.:D I think it's just put in test then turn the controller on the side down to minimum. Controller / potentiometer will probs just be a slotted turn switch.

Take it out of test and check the sensitivty again. :)

Total thread hijack so sorry Cools, but seeing as Matt's reading this I thought I'd post up my problem too...

I too have a Toad Ai606 alarm which has stopped working altogether. At first I thought the battery in my alarm fob had run out, but my spare fob wouldn't work either. I now have disarmed the alarm with the immobilser fob but have to open and lock my car with the key - the alarm doesn't respond at all.

The battery on my car had gone flat as I hadn't started the car in a month - could this have affected the alarm somehow? Either way I'm without an alarm....

Total thread hijack so sorry Cools, but seeing as Matt's reading this I thought I'd post up my problem too...

I too have a Toad Ai606 alarm which has stopped working altogether. At first I thought the battery in my alarm fob had run out, but my spare fob wouldn't work either. I now have disarmed the alarm with the immobiliser fob but have to open and lock my car with the key - the alarm doesn't respond at all.

The battery on my car had gone flat as I hadn't started the car in a month - could this have affected the alarm somehow? Either way I'm without an alarm....

I'm not 100% but at a guess I'd suspect that with the car battery flat for that long, although the alarm is battery backed too - it's probably gawn flat and maybe now it needs resetting/reprogramming to re-arm it. There is a procedure to enable / disable the alarm - you might want to consult the manual (and also check the fuses to it, just in case it blew when you put the new battery / started charging it again?)

• 3 months later...

hey guys,

is there any easy way to temporarily de-activate these alarms, with the aerotop I sometimes want to leave the roof of when it's outside the house or i've just gone into a shop etc. but every time i leave it with the roof of the alarm goes off..

any ideas?

the only visibile sensors i noticed are at either sides of the front pillars just next to the sun visors.

Alex

hey guys,

is there any easy way to temporarily de-activate these alarms, with the aerotop I sometimes want to leave the roof of when it's outside the house or i've just gone into a shop etc. but every time i leave it with the roof of the alarm goes off..

any ideas?

the only visibile sensors i noticed are at either sides of the front pillars just next to the sun visors.

Alex

AI606

Lock the car once, then press the lock button again. deactiveates the sensors

If you pm me your email address I'll send you the user manual.

It tells you how to disable the ultasonics near the end under "Control summary".

the one that was fitted right before i picked the car up after buying the car worked at first then it wouldnt unlock centrally. They replaced the unit & its ok. Only time its gone off is when i was at the petrol station, locked the doors but didnt put the windows up.