The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Autosol

Carl_S

What's wrong with the first thread you started on this?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=135966

You have access to the wheels, if they don't look lacquered then they probably aren't - try some metal polish on them (gently) and see if the finish comes back. If you want something less abrasive the Meguiars NXT metal polish is very nice.

What's wrong with the first thread you started on this?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=135966

You have access to the wheels, if they don't look lacquered then they probably aren't - try some metal polish on them (gently) and see if the finish comes back. If you want something less abrasive the Meguiars NXT metal polish is very nice.

Thanks, I'll have a go gently with the autosol. I don't think they are laquered. Didn't get a response from the pics I posted up of the wheel on that thread. Hence this post.

Been told this is too abressive, Envy sell some metal cutter thats more suited for wheels, about £6/9 per bottle I think, barely used any of mine so it goes far......its called something wheels Im sure of it.....?

Ok, thanks. And what does resealing entail? What is the point? And do you have to do it after using something like autosol?

Ok, thanks. And what does resealing entail? What is the point? And do you have to do it after using something like autosol?

Havent the foggiest, Im still trying to figure out this sealent business, are they sealed/laqured and whats best to seal them with after cutting them, so post back here if you figure anything out......;)

Just checked your other thread mate, my wheels have done exactly the same, and the metal cutter that is made for wheels that I got from Envy will remove pretty much all that discolouration and build up, Autosol will as well but Im told its quite abrassive and cuts the polished metal back more.

The only thing I have found is the polished metal doesnt quite seem to come up as well as what it used to, but then you would have to expect that with letting the polished metal deteriorated that much but you will see a big improvement.....;)