The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Airport parking - Gatwick

Guigsy

Im off to florida on the 19th of feb and i will need to park up my car.

Im going for 10 days and obviously want somewhere nice and secure to keep the sup while im gone. Ive used these parking services before when you turn up, you unload onto a bus, then they drive your car into there masssive carpark and park it. Then when you return back u get on the bus and pick up your car. However it was never my car i went in for this.

Here is my problem. I obviously want somewhere safe and somewhere they are going to actualy look after my car.

Im not 2 keen on some scrubby blighter driving my car arround a carpark and crashing into god knows what and then fancying taking it for a joyride home every day while im gone.

My alarm has the function where you have to type in a code to enable you to drive it. And ill be buggered if im giving them that!

So does anyone know somewhere i can park my car arround gatwick safely and then easily get to the airport (and back) at silly times in the morning or night? I dont mind useing these parking service things if someone can recomend one to me that would be very handy!

Thankyou

Guest CoolsBlue

you can leave the car in the park, take the ticket, and your keys, then when you return you pay on the card and go to your car, we did in manchester, dont know why theyd want your keys in gatwick?

dont know why theyd want your keys in gatwick?

Valet parking, lower terminal forecourt, south terminal ;)

Most of the parking companies are much the same & the car parks are now very secure with 24 hour on site security. No car crime anymore.

Park up, catch a bus to the terminal.... job done.

i dont mean at the airport. i can only imagine the charges at gatwick airport for parking for 10 days would be stupid

Oh, right!

Try Horley, Surrey or even Charlwood. A taxi to the airport would be a couple of £.

I'll look into which streets are best & let you know ;)

i would rather use one of the parking valet things... im just not so keep on the "valet" option. Would rather park it myself. :) Do you know if i can do that at these places?

Somewhere i can easily get to the airport without having to rely on a train or a taxi as if something can go wrong it will. :p

I can have a look at the diary on Monday, if I have space then you could leave it at the unit and I'll drop you upto the airport. My insurance also covers all vehicles in my care, plus you can be assured it won't be driven by any loonies !

I won't charge you quite as much either :D But depends on your departure and arrival times, as long as they're sociable :)