The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another Supe in the family.

kslb

Bought this one from PAG on the forum. It needs a few bits doing which I am getting done slowly so it can be MOT'd. I was slowed down a bit with the usual seasonal excuses but have now started to get things moving.

The Callipers have been replaced with the ones supplied by PAG and I should get the brake side of things finished tonight once I have the fluid. I have aquired a new windscreen and mouldings from Toyota in Aberdeen and although I was going to fit this myself Scotglass are doing it on Monday for £49.50, I thought for that price I would be a fool to try it. There are a few other bits I intend to do post MOT to tidy it up a bit but I cannot believe how tidy the bodywork is.

So it should be on the road Feb at the latest and then I have to decide what to use it for! I am thinking about hillclimb as it all happens locally or maybe track but who knows.

Our drive is getting a little full now three Supes and the Hi-Lux. I think I may have an addiction.

engine bay.jpg

rhs.jpg

back.jpg

I have just finished doing the brakes and the front left one that has just been fitted is pissing fluid through a crack by the bleed nipple, when I was painting the callipers I pointed out to Eve that the left one looked like ot might not hold and unfortunately it didn't so I guess I better start looking for another one! Another delay!

I have just finished doing the brakes and the front left one that has just been fitted is pissing fluid through a crack by the bleed nipple, when I was painting the callipers I pointed out to Eve that the left one looked like ot might not hold and unfortunately it didn't so I guess I better start looking for another one! Another delay!

Common fault Keith - perfect excuse to upgrade to the larger brake setup :eyebrows:

Looks nice - shame about the engine :p

Cheers,

Brian.

Common fault Keith - perfect excuse to upgrade to the larger brake setup :eyebrows:

Looks nice - shame about the engine :p

Cheers,

Brian.

Am looking at staying with the j spec setup for now got the bigger brakes on the single but might upgrade Eves brakes on her tt and put her j spec on this one will wait and see what response I get on the parts wanted thread.

It needs to be the NA for the hillclimb if thats what I end up using it for, too many penalties for turbos.

so i take it you wonn't be getting a rally car then .

so what you think of the na supra bit of a come down from yours.

so aleast u can use the panels for Eve's :innocent: car good colour match nae that any thing would happen

Rally car on hold until we decide what to use the NA for we think we might go for hillclimb instead but nothing is set in stone.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Arite mate how you getting on with the old motor?Was that one of the calipers that i gave you that was pissing fluid out?

It was one of the calipers you supplied with the car but seems soooo common as I have had another two sets now, one set were from an aristo and didn't fit and the other set had the cracked housing problem but I have another set on the way from a 96 j spec so hopefully these will be good. I am not fitting anything that isn't just right so if these ones are beggered then I will buy new.

The Active spoiler is wired up and fully functional after a few hick ups and looking good.

Its looking like my dad wants it once its finished as a toy but I am undecided at the moment. I might sell once it is MOT'd and comlete, as me and Eve have just bought another car as well and five is too many its starting to look like a garage.

• 5 weeks later...

Yes I have the standard air box but am keeping the apexi on for now. I have removed the decats and put the original back on but retained the HKS silent High power cat back. New pads all round new facelift Jspec calipers on the front (yes they are different from the pre facelift 2pots) new discs on the rear new windscreen 17" OZ wheels and the front active spoiler is now wired and working oh and yes new MOT.

She has just been cleaned and sitting next to the single as soon as the twin is back from the respray I will get some pics of the three together.

What are the differences between the facelift calipers and non Facelifts???

Cheers K

S

The newer calipers have a cast iron housing instead of the cast aluminium that always crack around the bleed nipple rendering them useless. They are slightly larger though and don't allow the 16" rims but look identical.

Well with these 2pot callipers that came off a facelift supe the stock 16's do not fit. I have tried. These also have cast iron backs not the poorly designed cast aluminium backs that seem to crack around the bleed nipple.

By the way I have now sold this supe to my Father who wanted it for a bit of fun. He lives next door so I still get to drive it and it is good fun even if a little different from my single. He should be along soon to say hello in the newbie section.