The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello

kev_coupe

Hi there, my names Kev, im 23 and I live just outside glasgow. I am currently the very proud owner of a honda civic coupe.

To be honest all i really know is Hondas and i've had some great times building and driving them over the last few years. however i feel that it's time to move on and the world of Honda doesnt really offer a step up from where i am just now. I drive a black honda civic coupe with a h22a conversion and Its great fun to drive, but im starting to crave more power and as far as bang for the buck goes, i'd much rather have a supra than another Honda.

I was fortunate enough to attend at JAE last year with hondatech but found myself spending a lot of time staring at the the mkiv supra stand and despite the fact i've never driven one, i've always loved the shape of the mkiv and im basically looking for some advise on whether you think this is a sensible direction for me to head in. Insurance is not a problem the car will be registered through the fleet policy on the work which wont rule out a TT.

Anyone on here moved from honda to toyota care to share their views on this?

heres a pic of my coupe for anyone who cares :)

I look forward to reading your replies!

Alright Bud .

Nice car , never seen that about ! I've owned a few honda's and toyotas now and to be honest the Honda's never gave me a minutes worry (Civic , accord and prelude) before i bought my first toyota , a celica GT which in two years of ownership went through 2 engines :D

BUT

The supra is a whole different ball game , its awesome . It makes the celica feel like a toy car . I would recomend one to anyone that can afford it ;)

welcome. My last car was a b16a delsol and I was a true vtech addict so was worried I'd miss that when I bought the supra but trust me as soon as you have the keys to a supra in your hands you won't care, but you do have to learn a new way of driving especially in the wet. Your civic looks good, nice alloys.

Welcome to the net, Kev

trying to get a few of us together for a run and meet at Knockhill in February. Why not come along and meet some of the clubbers.

See Trackday Scotland at Knockhill thread for details

Cheers

Ian

Thanks for the welcome guys, and thankyou for the invite Ian. A few of my mates are up at knockhill on a regular basis (mostly with evo's) but I'll take a drive up and see if i can soak up some information!

thanks again!