The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Depressed

keancy

I am a bit depressed. Really didn't think I'd have to worry about anything going wrong with the Supra so quickly :(

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=136172&highlight=alarm (previous thread, same issue)

I am still having some issues with my doors that won't unlock with the fob. I can't at the moment figure out if the Battery is a problem, i.e. not enough juice or if the Fob/alarm is to blame.

Since reconnecting the positive properly and resetting the alarm system all of the rest works fine again, as did the unlock function for the first two times I used it.

It will lock itself if left for a certain amount of time, it will sound the alarm when you pull on the door handles ect but it has to be unlocked with the key :(:(

I love the car to bits but it's depressing me, specially since I don't fancy taking a whole day off work, drive over an hour to where I bought the car, stand around for 15-20 minutes while they sort it then drive another 1 odd home, grrrrrrrrr. Especially if the problem may be a faulty Battery.

Has anyone else ever come across this issue?? Is my battery the problem, yet it starts fine no light dimming ect.

I do a lot of stop and go driving and most weeks the most I drive at any one time is 6 miles one way.

Saturday I am taking it for a longer trip so that should re-charge the Battery some more if that's what's wrong.

Help!!!

I'd keep an eye on that dodgy positive connection you've got (going by your other thread....). I had one a while back and the car was doing a few random things. The one that panicked me most was when the car did nothing when I turned the key. No clicks, no dash lights, no nothing.

Failing that, I personally wouldn't say no to a morning/afternoon/day off work to drive the Supra for a couple of hours ;)

I'd keep an eye on that dodgy positive connection you've got (going by your other thread....). I had one a while back and the car was doing a few random things. The one that panicked me most was when the car did nothing when I turned the key. No clicks, no dash lights, no nothing.

Failing that, I personally wouldn't say no to a morning/afternoon/day off work to drive the Supra for a couple of hours ;)

Yeah but no but, I don't really want to waste a days leave for it that's all. I have no complaint about driving the Supe lol.

Not being rude Anja, but Laserline aint an alarm brand known for its high tech features.

Ill volunteer to come down and drive it to Matt Harwood for you :)

Nice try, and thanks Rob but that's even further away then Plymouth lol. Oh, and that alarm was only fitted 8 weeks ago costing me £300 so I expect a bit more.

I know how you feel mate, Mine has been depressing me for ages and when it is driving right I can't relax and worrie all the time.

Good luck matey :D

Ah no the car is great I am just annoyed about the door thing and it seems nobody knows why it's doing that??

It's like, you pull up somewhere in a cool car, get out start walking away while the engine is still running, 30 second count down, engine stops you lock it from several feet away people stare. :D

Then you come back press the fob to disarm it and you have to use the KEY to open the door. Talk about mega un-cool :(

Im having the same problem with my old NA... Well same ish.. And i have only had a quick look at it... it opens the doors but it wont lock them so u have to do it manually inside the car as it doesnt have any door locks.. Im gonna check the central locking signals tomorrow from the alarm.. That is if Paul brings it round.. hes not bothered! I mean WTF! Its should work.. SO WHY WONT THE FING THING WORK! aaahhh :)

Winter is the time to put the Supra to bed & not have to be out in the cold & rain fiddling with it LOL

That's what long hot summer nights & cans of ice cold beer are for :D

Hope you get it sorted soon Anja. As its newly installed then its probably a dodgy connection that the installer has made. Some don't even solder the electrical connections but just twist the wires together!!

Where did you have the alarm fitted, if it down to them get them to come to you and fix it or arrange for them to do it on a weekend. If it because of bad installation then push them hard as its their fault and shouldn't end up costing you money or to much time.

Sometimes you have be persistent, you could try the tacked of telling the fitter's you will take it somewhere local and they can pay the bill, that quite often gets a result.

Another good one is quote the sale of goods act 1979 which states that goods should last without fault in comparison to the price you pay and drop in you have spoken to Citizens Advice about your legal standing.

This should not be your problem Anja !!

Cheers DodgyRog
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_cool.gif

Winter is the time to put the Supra to bed & not have to be out in the cold & rain fiddling with it LOL

All very well if the Supra ain't your only Car and so your daily runner :)

Where did you have the alarm fitted, if it down to them get them to come to you and fix it or arrange for them to do it on a weekend. If it because of bad installation then push them hard as its their fault and shouldn't end up costing you money or to much time.

Sometimes you have be persistent, you could try the tacked of telling the fitter's you will take it somewhere local and they can pay the bill, that quite often gets a result.

Another good one is quote the sale of goods act 1979 which states that goods should last without fault in comparison to the price you pay and drop in you have spoken to Citizens Advice about your legal standing.

This should not be your problem Anja !!

Cheers DodgyRog

They have already offered to put it right so that ain't the problem, it's getting the car to them that is. :(

Ask them to pick it up or do it at your home or provide you with a lone car and expenses, that way you can drop it to them on a Saturday and pick it up the following weekend and your fuel and time are paid for and you get to go on a run in the Sup and someone else can pay for the fuel.:)

Cheers DodgyRog

Ask them to pick it up or do it at your home or provide you with a lone car and expenses, that way you can drop it to them on a Saturday and pick it up the following weekend and your fuel and time are paid for and you get to go on a run in the Sup and someone else can pay for the fuel.:)

Cheers DodgyRog

I will look into it at begining of next week. See how things go after my shopping run tomorrow.

At moment I am sat at home feeling sorry for myself, off sick today. :(

At moment I am sat at home feeling sorry for myself, off sick today. :(

I think a lot of us know that feeling.

Been off since being rushed into hospital on Sunday. Not allowed to do anything.

At least I have stopped coughing up blood clots & pieces of lung now :blink:

I think a lot of us know that feeling.

Been off since being rushed into hospital on Sunday. Not allowed to do anything.

At least I have stopped coughing up blood clots & pieces of lung now :blink:

Jeezzz man, that's bad.

Ok I am not depressed now I am just being silly :D