The mkiv Supra Owners Club

VVTi vs. Non-VVTi turbos

supraguye

Thanks Alex.

The thing is, in the technical area I posted this thread:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=136536

Chris Wilson suggested one of my turbos may be bad and hence what I am looking to do is replace it with a ct20a from a non-vvti.

This really is just a temporaty measure until I save up to go Single later this yr or next yr

I would think they are the same because I have been reading loads of MKIV articles and haven't seen anything regarding a turbo difference

The VVTi turbos have a different part number so there must be a difference, they do fit the same though.

OK, I was of the impression the VVTi turbos were different in the exhaust side bolt pattern to none VVTi ones, and wouldn't swap unless you used the whole caboodle? I haven't tried this though, so are we sure they just swap over? For sure they are a different part number, and more expensive than the pre VVTi J-Spec turbos.

OK, I was of the impression the VVTi turbos were different in the exhaust side bolt pattern to none VVTi ones, and wouldn't swap unless you used the whole caboodle? I haven't tried this though, so are we sure they just swap over? For sure they are a different part number, and more expensive than the pre VVTi J-Spec turbos.

The non-VVTi turbos are no longer available, the EPC image shows the VVTi turbos as a substitute (abbreviation SUBS on the left hand side) for the earlier Supra turbos.

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/9426/picture1ep2.png