The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Big thanks for Ryan and SRR - New Dyno

Wez

Hey All,

Big thanks to Ryan and Charlie from SRR.

Spent a couple of hours hooking up a boost switch and configuring the AEM boost control, Ryan also sorted my cruise which is now spot on :thumbs:

This is 1.4bar dropping to 1.3bar, I will do a better scan tomorrow.

:eyebrows:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

;)

We could prob squeeze a bit more out of it low down but it would be undrivable, Ryan setup one of the switch positions to give me lower boost upto approx 70mph to help with grip.

You need as much grip as you can get. Your car is an animal Wez :D

As usual was great fun last night espically the fast and furious boys :rlol:

Some young lads and their honda's thought Wes's car was an N/A. Boy did they get a shock.

When those R888's bite now its Unbelievable.

Stopped at 560bhp though as didn't want him beating my 566bhp lol. Even though his car would destroy mine due to its torque :(

Thanks Again for the Curry mate :thumbs:

before or after mine:d

I spoke with Mark yesterday and he is spending the next 3 days putting the engine together and in the car now he has all the bits, will be running by the end of next week I hope, just the Water injection boot install, battery relocation, AP brake pads, HID's, NOS Digital Gauge and AEM Logging Gauge to fit then he is all yours :D ;)

I would still like to try 272 intake with 264 exhaust on that... :) I would also like to persuade you to have a rethink about the suspension, before you top yourself :)

I have a brand new 272 as I was going to try this but decided against it, what affect do you think this would have?

It really does need better suspension now, I think the whole lot could do with checking over and possibly renewing, I get some wheel hop and it steps out more than it use too :blink:

Good stuff Wez! Not quite my 561 though eh? :D

:(

Did you use the VSS boost map?

Yes, when road testing we setup approx 1bar to 64mph to help with traction and then 1.4bar to redline. With a flick of a switch it goes into low boost mode which is 1bar for the whole rev range.

Good stuff Wez! Not quite my 561 though eh? :D

Did you use the VSS boost map?

You need a ride in it Tony. Maybe Ace cafe meet ;)

The Vss and hi/low WG feeback works fantastic although i found the P+I abit aggresive so use the Boost error function. When setup right works a dream.

Pop round next tuesday for curry night again and i will setup on yours :)

Ryan

I'd put 100 quid on a dead or dying rear shock, it felt hoppy last time I drove it. You now have so much real torque you need to address hooking it up properly :)

I think, given a small exhaust housing like yours the staggered cams with added intake duration and mild exhaust duration will give yo more top end with little low end penalty. Too much exhaust duration with that size turbo will just give reversion.