The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BMW 540i (auto) vs Supra Twinturbo (auto) (standard)

Guest Blitzed

Guest Blitzed

Has anyone raced one of these?? some guy on one of the BMW forums reckons that he raced a Supra 93 model (twinturbo, auto) and kept up on mid range acceleration, from a 30 or 50 mph start, he reckons the Supra would be quicker on acceleration 0-60 but a rolling start the Beemer would be just as quick, i find that hard to believe with the BMW being heavier and having less BHP

What do you think?? porkies or some truth??

I was after one of these a while ago and went to see two different cars and have a test drive. After asking on the BMW forums i was expecting something quite fast when i test drove them - i was hugely dissapointed, especially for a 4.4 V8. After driving the first one i assumed that there must have been something wrong with it as it didn't really feel very fast at all, so i went on the hunt for another. The second one was pretty much the same, and the bloke just thought i couldn't drive as i had it in manual mode and was revving the b*llocks off it.

I'm sure that they are faster than what they felt as they are a big, comfy, quiet and smooth car, but just really didn't *feel* fast at all. In my view it would be nowhere near a TT, but the printed 0-60 times etc aren't too bad. The ones i drove could have always been buggered though!