The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project Revival

Matt H

Following on from my other thread that lost its way, here some update pics from the re-birth. Not for the faint of heart!! lol

As you can see, its a bit of a job! spoke to Hyper today and they say they have the front axel, brakes etc in which is good, wiring loom as well i think.

Hopefully be done by the back end of next week, then its off to Knight Racer for the bodywork! roll on next month!

Chris had to pick up £1200 worth of second hand parts from Jezz yesterday (looked like they had been lying in a field for a few decades, but Chris said the:y will hopefully come out a bit better in the parts cleaner)

Having a new greddy FMIC, which is a bit of a blow cos my 3 row was brand new as well :( oh and some Greddy pulley as well, oops cant help myself :D

--just to add, new wheels arrive next week :yahoo: :D

Few good things to come out of this:

98 aerotop TT

Electric folding mirrors

Black carpet

Ta

Matt

both cars up on the ramps

Pics on the Aerotop:

My poor baby :(

Engine out:

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one Matt, are you spraying the engine bay to the the body colour?

No, because Knight Racer and Hyper are so far apart, its going to be all mecanical work first then bodywork second. Did toy with the idea but not practical really with the logistics

Looking good matey :) How long to completion?

Chris (hyper said the mechanical work should be done by the back end of next week. Booked into Knight Racer on the 10th so 3 weeks with them, fingers crossed at tht end of Feb

good time to go single you gonna be able to use the rear end from the old one?

Good luck

Let me know if you need any silly bits like trim etc as i have quite a bit left over from breaking two cars

Nah, singles not for me, been in a couple now and they just dont do it for me, perhaps when rob wilds car is back and he takes me for a spin i might change my mind but i think at this stage im good with twins........ maybe nitrous when i saved a few pennies up after this job.

Should be alright with the trim, the Aerotop came with all the facelift panels etc, but ta for the offfer ;)

Only part form the back end will be the boot lid i think :( but to be honest im not 100% yet, one step at a time :D

You're certainly not hanging about with that conversion mate! Looking forward to getting it in a few weeks! ;)

Indeed! lol, no messing :D

Good luck with it all mate are you going for the same as before or you having a change?

Also whats this part of the car called please?

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w215/p111ddy/DSCN0588.jpg

Umm, rear end?! part of the chassis i think

Good luck with it all mate are you going for the same as before or you having a change?

Also whats this part of the car called please?

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w215/p111ddy/DSCN0588.jpg

I think its just known as the rear panel. Not sure for certain though.

Looking good by the way matt. Cant wait to see it all done again. Is this Project Winter Candy then?

Nice thread. Going to be great to see the change.

With regard your singles comment, have you been in a "properly" setup T61 or similar in a manual car? I should imaging it would help change your mind. :)

Couldnt comment on the properly set up lol. Not sure what single the other one was, might have been a bit smaller, but i'm a twin fan, would love big twins maybe, but this rebirth is rapping my wallet at the mo.

Did you decide what colour you are going with and have you got the new wheels yet? would be good to give them to KR when they do the bodywork to make sure there is no rubbing issues, thats what i did;)

Yeah, going with the same colour. New wheels arrive next week hopefully! :trampoline: yeah will be doing, that what i was thinking too ;)