The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Rising Sun Car Show 2008

mrboost

The Rising Sun Car Show 2008 @ Nostell Priory

Date :10 - 11th May 2008

Gates Open Saturday 9.30am - 6pm (For general public)

Show Cars and Traders to be in the event and setup by Saturday no later than 9.30am. Traders are welcome from friday at 10am. Camping from 4pm friday for car clubs / show cars

Activities

Awards will be for awarded for both days, but will be presented Sunday afternoon. The Awards will be for :-

Show & Shine

Best In Car Entertainment (ICE)

Best Modified Styling

Best Modified Performance

Best In Class

Best Club Stand and Area

Best Neon Display

Car of the Show

Wide range of traders and stuff for the kids

Camping areas available (Watch this space)

Lots of club area available.

Disco

club activities

Judges:

We are currently looking for 8 judges for the show and shine so if you are intersted email [email protected]

http://www.risingsuncarshow.com

http://www.risingsuncarshow.com/forum

Pre book minimum of 10 to reserve your club space

I guess a tasteful install is a long way from the usual tie wrapped horrors you see now and again :)

With JAE out of the window at present the Rising Sun folks should take advantage and have a mass campaign to take over as the big one!

Yeah, like all those poncey car-park queens show cars would come all the way up here.:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I hope it's better than last years show. It was more like the bubble inn meet than a car show (well I thought so anyway) There was also very little in the way of trader stands, I think there were 2.

The weather was pretty poor (I know the organisers can't change that) but it made the entrance/ exit near impossible to drive as it was up hill and pure mud, nicely coating all the cars on their way in/out. On the way out I had to get a good run up to it and nearly didn't make it to the top, whilst driving round other cars that couldn't make it up.

• 3 months later...

Is any supra club members attending this show ?

we got the PPE on celica club stand , and other half wants to bring supra ;) so just seeing if and where other supra owners are going to be for the weekend ?

cheers

M I N X :tongue:

• 2 weeks later...

Well done Neil (Big Blue) best in class for Toyota.

Great day out, some very nice cars there and a few Supra's :)

Here's a few pics that i took, there's more uploading so i'll post them when they have finished.

It was a great weekend. Congrats to BIG BLUE for winning the best Toyota section (which odviously should have went to me :p)

His supra is beautiful and well deserved to win.

Was good to meet him and Gaz cracking dudes and a credit to the club.

It was a great weekend. Congrats to BIG BLUE for winning the best Toyota section (which odviously should have went to me :p)

His supra is beautiful and well deserved to win.

Was good to meet him and Gaz cracking dudes and a credit to the club.

Good to meet you to Hodge - your car is stunning mate, the quality of the work you have put into that car of yours is A1, it deserved a trophy for sure.

Even though I won best Toyota, which was obviously deserved ;) the judging was a bit hit and miss. The car of the show ended up being won by the white Skyline in Gaz's last photo! Sorry not sure why....

Look forward to seeing you fellas at future shows.

Yeah sorry guys didnt get over to talk to anyone too busy working, never seems to attract the supra club, so i dont push it anymore. Best ever turnout of supras this year though. Big Blue (neils) yeah thats nice :-) it was a toss up between yours and the skyline for best of show.

Yeah sorry guys didnt get over to talk to anyone too busy working, never seems to attract the supra club, so i dont push it anymore. Best ever turnout of supras this year though. Big Blue (neils) yeah thats nice :-) it was a toss up between yours and the skyline for best of show.

Thanks - had a good day and weather couldn't have been better. Not sure why more Supras don't attend

• 10 months later...

We had a fairly big turnout for the first show. Several locals plus a group from over the wrong side of the Pennines.

I'd have to be honest and say that the turnout got more and more disappointing each year and you could look around the whole thing in half an hour.

I live about ten minutes away but won't be going.