The mkiv Supra Owners Club

braided brake hoses - any good?

Guest dangerousandy

Hi Andy

I had those Brake lines fitted today (bought them from the same company off ebay)

I can let you know later, when I get her back tonight.

I don't know if I'll feel the difference (regarding the lines) but my brake system was 14 years old, so I've just done UK OEM Caliper & dics upgrade + SS Braided Lines, Hawk Fast Road Pads and Motul 600 Fluid...roll on 5.30pm...:D

Ps got a Master Cylinder Brace attached too.

Out of interest, what is everyones opinions on the Motul RBF brake fluid? Am I right in assuming it's only Dot 4, but has a higher boiling temp? I have this in my current car, but I know how much people rant on about DOT 5.1.

EDIT: Sorry for the slight hijack!

Fitting them can, in a very few cases and not witnessed on Supras, find weaknesses elsewhere in the system. That is the seals in the master cylinder.

Will not stop me upgrading soon though. :)

Guest dangerousandy

Cheers!!! I think I will get a set and fit them when I refurb my calipers. Fitting them will be no problem for me as I'm a qualified mechanic by trade:)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest dangerousandy

I ordered a set of these over a week ago and paid instantly by paypal. I have fitted a new brake pipe to my Supra and I am in the middle of refurbing the calipers -but these have still not arrived!!! They were meant to be sent by first class recorded delivery!! And the seller won't answer my emails!! I think its time to claim my money back.........

I agree they're probably worth fitting, they're not that expensive. But I suspect most if not all of the improvement people say they have it because they have changed the brake fluid at the same time. I very much doubt you would feel any difference if you compared them back to back with new fluid, pads etc on both.