The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looking for my first supra

hemmjonny

Hi all i have been wanting one of these for what feels like a very long time now insurance prices for me are a little better i want one :) (i am 21 now 22 in march with 1 years NCB)

just wanted to know a little more info on the Supra SZ (like are they any good) or sould i wait and save up a bit more and get the Jspec TT would love to get a UK spec on but there a bit out of my budget

cheers

Jonathan

Thanks you for your reply. My dad has an auto it’s a Volvo so could be completely different and I just don’t like driving it my left foot gets bored :)

the UK spec is to much for me at the moment i was thinking of spending about 5 to 7k and around 1k on insurance

Thanks again

Jonathan

Sorry me again,

I have just been reading a few posts and a lot of you mention running costs are you talking about fuel economy???

And servicing, tyres (expect rears to last 10k miles if you're a smooth driver) are looking at £140+ for each rear, regular oil changes.....plus, if things go wrong in a big way, it'll be a big cost to sort it.

And servicing, tyres (expect rears to last 10k miles if you're a smooth driver) are looking at £140+ for each rear, regular oil changes.....plus, if things go wrong in a big way, it'll be a big cost to sort it.

Hi thanks again for the speedy replys i have a MR2 Turbo and the rears are always going on that and the same with the oil. if you look after the car do things often go wrong ???

Hi thanks again for the speedy replys i have a MR2 Turbo and the rears are always going on that and the same with the oil. if you look after the car do things often go wrong ???

I've had my Supra for just over a year, covered 10k miles in her and had no major issues. As a rule, they're very reliable cars, but some of them are now 14 years old, so things are starting to wear out. Mine could do with a full suspension refresh at some point soon, and there's a hole in the aircon compressor.

Look after it, and it'll give you mile after mile of driving pleasure.

hey thanks for all you'r replys think i am going to go for a Jspec 6speed Manual unless i can find a clean ish UK spec one for a good price do they come up offten? and what kinda price would i been looking to pay + are high millage supras a problem or would it be better to get a low millage supra.

Thanks again

Jonathan