The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Track time

Dann

I did a few laps of donnington in my gto the other year was impressed but was a heavy car, I have just booked me some track time at donnington to do in my supra was wondering how these cars hold out on a track are they stable or heavy or are they like rockets and love the track.

Has anyone done donnington in a supra ? what were there experiances like. What do you recomend for drivig a supra round a track etc. will the brakes hold out do I need to prep out before hand.

Sorry for all the questions

Many thanks

Dann ;)

I followed bignum around Donington in my turbo-luxo barge. Mike B was there in his motor as was Wez. Its a nice circuit actually and well suited to these cars. If you are going on the track my best piece of advice is get your alignment done first. If you can afford it dial in a bit of extra camber and then have it taken off a few days afterwards.

If it's the international circuit you'll struggle to haul the thing up on std brakes and get the power down on the way out (see below). The extra loop is very tight, whereas the rest of circuit is brilliantly flowing for cars like the Supra.

There are also rumours about the offline grip being inferior due to aviation fuel deposited by the local aircraft. Not entirely sure on this, but it’s the excuse I use as to why I somersaulted my CBR into the gravel trap at Coppice in 2006.:rolleyes: