The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra MPG my results.

jamesmark

Thought I would give this a test and see what I got.

Journey was South Yorkshire to Scotland, up the M1/A1 via Berwich upon Tweed.

Total Mileage covered 258 miles and before I set off I filled the tank as much as possible. I used 95ron as I have a UK spec TT and plus there is no Shells or Tescos within a 15 mile radious.

The Car

UK spec Auto with 2nd decat and cat back so running stock boost.

The journey

258 miles, average speed on M1 was 74mph (gps) using cruise control. 20 miles was town driving.

Filled the tank up again, filling it up till I could not get anymore in, 11.01 Gallons went in.

So 23 MPG on this trip.

Mark theres three shell garages within 15 miles of you I'm sure of it!

- Dodworth road just off J37

-Just off j36 towards hoyland (near the traffic lights/crossroads)

-Tankersly

Surely these are within 15 miles of you? maybe a little more...

Anyway, is 23mpg good then? I've never really worked mine out.

Mark 11.01 Gallons=50 Litres, my tank holds 80 Litres.

Same as me, It's cost me 90 quid to fill her up before, can squeeze a little more than 80 litres in, still i can get more than 30 if i try. are autos more juicy?

not sure if cruise control helps either, I always drive on the boost guage if im conserving a tank.

Same as me, It's cost me 90 quid to fill her up before, can squeeze a little more than 80 litres in, still i can get more than 30 if i try. are autos more juicy?

not sure if cruise control helps either, I always drive on the boost guage if im conserving a tank.

Wow! I've let the light come on once, and when I filled up that time I barely got 70 litres in. Cost me about £67 at the time.

I'd have thought cruise control would help - it can be more exact with throttle response than a right foot. That said, if you're going on boost gauge readings, that'll probably be the most fuel efficient way of driving.

Mark,

I did Wakefield to Worthing which is 256 miles and from a full fill-up the gauge showed (IIRC) 2 bars abouve 1/4 full at the end of it.

Four thoughts:

1. I went downhill. You went uphill.

2. I have a lighter JDM car.

3. You need a new O2 sensor thingummy or whatever UK specs have.

4. You'd have got better MPG by going faster. I had a thread about this HERE.

Mark,

I did Wakefield to Worthing which is 256 miles and from a full fill-up the gauge showed (IIRC) 2 bars abouve 1/4 full at the end of it.

Four thoughts:

1. I went downhill. You went uphill.

2. I have a lighter JDM car.

3. You need a new O2 sensor thingummy or whatever UK specs have.

4. You'd have got better MPG by going faster. I had a thread about this HERE.

From my house to my parents house is about 240 miles. If I set off with a full tank, it's usually just under half full when I get there. It's the town driving that kills my mpg :(

I've not done a sensible drive since going single, i'll try a long distance sensible drive in the summer and see the results.

So all in all I should have got more? :search:

The tank was 3 notches above the 1/4 tank mark but 50.05 litres is what it took to fill it (£54 of V-Power). I was not gunning it at any time as had Sarah with me, was just interested in seeing what it would come out at.

Luke, I usually use the one off the A1 but was not going in that direction (usually I do), as for others ..........erm still dunno that side of Yorkshire.

I will do another run but this time I will be going back in time (Liverpool) this time I will be filled up with V-Power and not normal unleaded. Dunno the mileage I will be doing as yet and its about the same 95% motorway.

So all in all I should have got more? :search:

The tank was 3 notches above the 1/4 tank mark but 50.05 litres is what it took to fill it (£54 of V-Power). I was not gunning it at any time as had Sarah with me, was just interested in seeing what it would come out at.

Luke, I usually use the one off the A1 but was not going in that direction (usually I do), as for others ..........erm still dunno that side of Yorkshire.

I will do another run but this time I will be going back in time (Liverpool) this time I will be filled up with V-Power and not normal unleaded. Dunno the mileage I will be doing as yet and its about the same 95% motorway.

Sounds like a reasonable mpg to me from my experience so far. The fuel gauge is a little inaccurate though don't you think :D

I can get nearly 250 miles from the top half of the tank, but at best just short of 100 out of the bottom half :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

Standard TT

Trip - Portsmouth to Whitchurch, Shropshire and back.

Varied driving usual motorway speeds,some spirited A roads, nothing too excessive.

Some lanes etc. in Cheshire and Shropshire.

Coming back, put 56 litres in on the M40. = 26.7 mpg and 411 to the tank.

Pleased. :)