The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supe.....

Supra-Woman

Is to under go some changes.

After having a prang with a kerb over Christmas i decided that i will get all the repairs done and go for a full respray, not only that i have decided on changing the colour, i am just hoping i have made the right choice.

Picture of how it was:

Pictures from yesterday after dropping it off, so it is work in progress at the mo:

I have been told that it looks a lot worse at the moment, as it is completly stripped, but all i can say is my poor car :(

I will keep this thread updated with pictures stage by stage.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am undecided at this point about the body, i will probably loss the rear wiper as i cant see out of the rear window anyway, lol. I am contemplating having the skirts and bumpers smoothed in but i dont know what the potential of cracks etc would be. I do however understand that obviously should i have a prang it would mean respraying one side of the car or whatever instead of the individual unit.

Colour is a candy paint, undecided on base colour yet but it will be a red of some sort.

Thanks, lol, hopefully it will look even better when finished, lol.

Does anyone know if there is likely to be a problem with smoothing in regards cracking due to movement etc??

When I damaged my sideskirt in December and had it mended a small hairline size crack re-apeared shortly after but you have to look right up close to see it. Not sure if that was down to movement or the garage over tightening the screws tho. :(

Does anyone know if there is likely to be a problem with smoothing in regards cracking due to movement etc??

Is this Yulia ?

Cracking shouldnt be a problem, I have my side skirts blended and provinding the body shop know what the're doing and strengthen parts of the skirt then there shouldnt be any flexing to cause cracks, and my skirts are copies so a very thin. I had mine done at GVN ;)

As a complete novice I personally attached and blended fibreglass OEM style skirts and spats about 5 months ago - no sign of cracking thus far. :)

Guest jonnykool

I would of thought there may be as the body twists. A good job of it though might avoid it or strut bracing at the front and rear???? (Feel free to correct me)

I was on about the cracking in regards to the smoothing of the skirts in to the arches etc, whether this would create problems with cracking in time, through movement, not just the fixing of my broken one.

my boy has his all blended in and no cracks yet, was done about a year ago i think;)