The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A couple of questions! cams ecu ect..

Reesen

Don´´t know if this should have been in technical questons so move it if im wrong!:rolleyes:

I´ve been reading alot on this side, and other sides lately, to find out what whould be the best setup for my car, and I cant say I got any wiser... Weel, I did, but not sure enough in my self to order the last things for my singel conversion!

So here are some things that im not sure about, hope you can answer :) Im aming for 600Bhp.

1: Witch Cams should I go for? Im jusing a GT4067 turbo (not one of the most used ones on singels) Im not boulding a dragcar, but still want a fast road car! IN264 EX264, Or IN264 EX272?? If I use the last setup, wouldent I then get a bit more rpm range??

2: ECU/piggieback.. I wanna use Apexi FC, just need the FC (A friend has the commander.. So if you got a cheep FC, hear of you ;)) but is it good enough, and is it in position to handel my needs? Or do I need to get an HKS Fcon, or AEM box?

3: fuel system.. Wouldent it be best to bay a HKS or BL fuel rail? Or could I use the stock one, and just put in some bigger injectors, and a bigger fuel pressure regulator? and whar injectors to use.. That I dont know anything about, High or low ohm ect ect.. opgrade fuel lines?

Hope you can help me with these things..

Hi Christian

Which Supra model do you have? Euro or J-spec, also is it 2JZGTE or 2JZGE engine?

1. I would go with in264/ex264

2. The Apexi PFC is very good, but they were discontinued last year and are hard to find, saying that I know someone with one for sale at the moment if interested. You should really choose the ECU based on who is going to do the mapping for you.

3. It is up to you, you can either fit a new rail/injectors or just fit injectors in the the stock rail. The type of injectors will depend on which Supra/engine you have.

cheers

You cannot, CANNOT map a Power FC properly with the hand held Commander, you need to get Datalogit software from one of its vendors. I can get it for you if you can't find a seller over there. The Datalogit software enables you to use a laptop, see where in the map you are, plus unlocks lots of things unavailable to the Commander.

If it were my engine I'd try 272 inlet and 264 exhaust, but 264 / 264 will be safe and fine with that turbo.

If it were my engine I'd try 272 inlet and 264 exhaust, but 264 / 264 will be safe and fine with that turbo.

That opens an old debate back up :) Dammit we asked for your input back then when testing them :p Now is a bit late but since I haven't sold the bastard 272 intake camshaft I bought, can you shed any light on the inverse stagger setup that we may have missed...?

Nic Hi Christian

Which Supra model do you have? Euro or J-spec, also is it 2JZGTE or 2JZGE engine?

1. I would go with in264/ex264

2. The Apexi PFC is very good, but they were discontinued last year and are hard to find, saying that I know someone with one for sale at the moment if interested. You should really choose the ECU based on who is going to do the mapping for you.

3. It is up to you, you can either fit a new rail/injectors or just fit injectors in the the stock rail. The type of injectors will depend on which Supra/engine you have.

cheers

The engine is a us-spec 2jzgte.. sorry i dident make that cleare!

What would be the diffenrece between IN264/EX264and IN264/EX272 be?

How mutch for the apexi? Gues it would be Kiesa who would map it, think he´s the only one who can do it around here! What would my other choices of ecu/piggyback if im to cheap tp spend it on a hks aem :sly:

So I could just go with some bigger injectors, no fuel rail, fuel prs reg, or bigger fuel lines??

Chris Wilson You cannot, CANNOT map a Power FC properly with the hand held Commander, you need to get Datalogit software from one of its vendors. I can get it for you if you can't find a seller over there. The Datalogit software enables you to use a laptop, see where in the map you are, plus unlocks lots of things unavailable to the Commander.

Has anyone tried the 264 272 setup with a simular turbo (should be simular to the BL67 right?)!