The mkiv Supra Owners Club

3rd Brake light

Guest quicksnac

Guest quicksnac

Hi,

After having the car MOT'd the tester pointed out that my 3rd brake light was not working. Upon investigating this, I removed the light only to find it had no electrical connections on the light fitting? Is this normal? The light itself has voltage markings on it but nothing else. The loom seems also to have a spare plug to which I could attach a 'wired' light to. Also, if it is a simple buy a new one, could someone suggest where I could get one and how much I should be paying.

Many thanks

As Nic says if yours is a UK then it may not work and may never have worked, despite having the plugs and all the markings they don't seem to have any bulbs in them, slightly odd.

However plugging a new one in may not work either, as well as taking our bulbs it seems Toyota also took a bit of the wiring.