The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alarm Pro Near Glasgow?

Scott

Anyone know anyone thats good with alarms?

My alarm has been going down hill rapidly over the winter period. It started off with the remote start not working and then it started going off on its own. Even when i dissarmed it it would still go off.

I took it in for a "service" to Drivers in Glasgow. When i got it back i asked if the remote start was working, they said no and that they don't deal with it. They also said that the installation was a mess and that the reason the alarm kept going off was because i needed a new siren.

On the way home none of my heater dials weren't working and the buttons wouldn't do anything but to my surprise when i got home i found the remote start was working. A few days later the alarm started going off and it wouldn't stop so i had to take my entire dash off (with the alarm going off) and unplug it from behind the stereo. The batterybackup kept it going but it was very very quiet so i just left it.

I'm planning on doing a blue dash conversion so i have left the dash off for now but i'm getting fed up with it.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of anyone reliable who is good with alarms that is close by. Also, is it possible to have the brain of the system relocated? The reason i ask is that i have a stereo and a motorized tft monitor that goes in there. I'm thinking that this may be part of the problem as there is literally no space in behind the stereo and all the wires etc are being crushed.

I'm pretty sure most of it will need re-wired so i've started saving my pennies already. I won't be taking it back to drivers though as they lost half my screws, didn't put my dash together properly and didn't even realise the remote start was working.

They also wanted £400 to fit the clifford 650 as well which i reckon is a bit OTT.

Sorry for the long post, wanted to be as detailed as possible lol

Scott =op

I'll give them a call mate.

I don't really mind where i go as long as its reliable. Really want somewhere that someone has some experience of.

Got that impression from Drivers when i was there. I remember the days you had to book a time/date in that place. Was totally empty when i was in. Now i know why.

Cheers

Scott =op

Its worth a try mate, the boys are all spot on, I blew my amp up ten minutes after fitting it, so booked it in with them for a morning, thinking it was a wiring problem, but in the end all they charged me was the £6 for the parking bay outside. whereas you walk into Drivers and you know your in for a spanking lol