The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Your thoughts on this race

mikeyb10supra

a guy at work owns a vvt-i aristo and has challenged me to a freindly race. He is BPU with pure meth injection and I am ful BPU with a front mount + BOV.

Were both auto as well

Now I think I will still win and obviously he thinks he will.

Anyone else have any views on the possible outcome :)

Mikey

what type of race?

is it a proper race round a track or just wanting to see who can get to 100 quickest?

my views on the possible outcome are : (1) you will 'win' (2) he will 'win' (3) neither will 'win'

hope this helps ;)

As I've owned and driven a few of both, the Aristo will be very surprising quick ;)

On the lakes runs a couple of years ago, my BPU (1.1bar) Aristo could easily match/make a little ground on a 1.2 bar BPU Supra. The Supra driver was pretty surprised that he couldn't shake me!

Hopefully you have better skills behind the wheel, because you'll need them!

Gaz.

I reckon you will take him.

Will the addition of a new (ish) FMIC your intake temps should be lower, turbo spool should be good and you could always ramp up the boost to say 1.3-1.4 tops if you have a BC? (how old is his car and is it a crumbly SMIC?)

I would imagine the weight savings would put you in a better stead to. Curb Weight for Supra around 1580kg for the TT and between 1,620 to 1,955 (varies by model) for the Aristo.

Will be fun none-the-less :)

Greg

I reckon you will take him.

Will the addition of a new (ish) FMIC your intake temps should be lower, turbo spool should be good and you could always ramp up the boost to say 1.3-1.4 tops if you have a BC? (how old is his car and is it a crumbly SMIC?)

You forget the meth injection on the Aristo ;) and those boost levels aren't exactly "safe" on a J Spec.

You forget the meth injection on the Aristo ;) and those boost levels aren't exactly "safe" on a J Spec.

Point well made. Those boost levels are fine for a quick blast!! :) I know they'll be running around 100% duty on the ceramics but J-specs run slightly rich anyway and I'm sure if you gave it some WOT at 1.3 bar for a good 2-3 mins all would be fine..........I hope.......for his sake :)

Point well made. Those boost levels are fine for a quick blast!! :) I know they'll be running around 100% duty on the ceramics but J-specs run slightly rich anyway and I'm sure if you gave it some WOT at 1.3 bar for a good 2-3 mins all would be fine..........I hope.......for his sake :)

They are close to 100% at 1.2 mate... I wouldn't advise going over this TBH unless in very special circumstances, none of which are mentioned :)

They are close to 100% at 1.2 mate... I wouldn't advise going over this TBH unless in very special circumstances, none of which are mentioned :)

Agreed, I wouldn't 'advise' it at all. I wasn't running more than 1.3 on Hybrids because of the weedy J-spec 440's so keeping within the limits is a good idea.

......Try stripping out the car instead then Mikey!

a guy at work owns a vvt-i aristo and has challenged me to a freindly race. He is BPU with pure meth injection (which I think is a bad idea) and I am ful BPU with a front mount + BOV.

Were both auto as well

Now I think I will still win and obviously he thinks he will.

Anyone else have any views on the possible outcome :)

Mikey

Which track are you racing on?