The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Weekend Work On My Interior

BIG BLUE

I have now stripped the rear of my car completely and re-trimmed the boot in grey (a pain of a job but well worth it), fitted a Nos wet kit, rear strut brace, fire extinguisher and a second hand cage from Paul Whiffin.

I also have had a mate re-trim my dash, cage and door pads, etc etc in black leather. All boot panels and certain other interior panels have been sprayed black, with a tiny amount of blue mixed in. Take a look, I am pleased with all the effort to date on it :)

Picture 196.jpg

Picture 200.jpg

Picture 202.jpg

Picture 203.jpg

Picture 204.jpg

Cheers, Gaz, etc

I will try and post up a few more dash photos at some stage, but cutting the leather around all the panels was a pig to do, but I quite like effect, as it ties in well with the original dash surround, etc and you have to look twice that it wasn't part of the original panels.

Picture 206.jpg

I managed to pick up 6 meters of acoustic carpet on flea bay for £30 delivered - so I used that. It is actually quite good quality stuff, which surprised me.

The seats are Recaro speeds in dreaded leather 'look'. (I can't fit in the full bucket seats and the last leather set I had really creased on the side bolsters, so it was either take a hacksaw to myself or try these! I have been pleased with how tough they have proved)

wow. how do you do that then? just glue it down?

I took off all the interior panels for painting, seats, etc and then cut the holes in the carpet I needed, then cut, stuck down and tucked in all the edges before refitting everything.

Provided you don't rush it and strip everything first it is a fiddly, but ok ish job.

I have all the dash panels covered in leather bar the gear gaiter panel and the over the speedo panel (which are sprayed in balck / bue pearl). The ash tray and elec window panels are also leather, as is the gear gaiter.

I have mounted the Nos switch in the dash and a switch to move me from 0.9 to 1.4 bar boost. These photos aren't he best though - panels are dusty, etc

In terms of fitting, you need to take all panels off then get very friendly with the glue and stanley knife - there are no quick wins unfortunately.

Picture 207.jpg

Picture 208.jpg

how do you access the boot under the grey cover? (i guess that will be an issue when you relocate the battery?)

good question - hinged mdf panel going in when the plenum / battery box are sorted (I already have all the measurements, having gone through the pain of building an undercarpet sub box previsously, so I can use the top of that as a template)

Picture 153.jpg

Picture 154.jpg