The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hey everyone!

James

Hey people how's it going?

I'm James, I'm 19 and from Aberdeen.

That last line will probably have noses turned up at me for being a little child on the Supra forum but news will be good (very soon!).

I was left a reasonable amount of money from family issues (which I'd rather not share :() - but anyway! - and so funds are looking good with regards to getting my dream Supra!

I'm currently driving a 2006 mk5 VW Golf 1.4FSI (kitted out like an R32 on Audi RS4 18"s with KW v2 Coilovers) but I'm growing tired of it and just want a Supra basically! :lol:

I have a slight problem with the thought of going for one and that is space. I need some practicality - I gig quite often (I'm a guitarist) and lug a pretty big amplifier about with me to gigs. By dropping the back seats in the Golf, the amp (head and 4x12 cabinet) only JUST fit along with my guitar and effects setup.

What I'm wondering, would it fit into a Supra by dropping the rear seats? I don't have any mates with a Supra to try this with :D

Anyway, that was probably best left as a querie for a separate post, but if I get a response, all the better!

Take it easy everyone :)

James

Hey Welcome,

I think I might have some bad news, unless your AMP is a very slimline one, there is no way it's going to fit in the back of the Soop.

Lets is know how is goes though Mate.

Guess who's screwed then:

:( :lol:

I'll just have to get my bassist to take the cabinet instead, no way I'm not getting a Supe! :p

Welcome to the club James :thumbs:

When the rear seats are folded down the spaces is quite long but not very tall, mainly due to the sloping back window. Looking at the pic you may be able to fit the amp in the back seat (without it folded down) or lying down with the seat folded it may just fit.

cheers

i wouldnt want to be lugging equipment around in it regulary any way. the boot is quite high up so lugging things into the back will enevitably get annoying and you'll probably plough the amp into the back end one day. i'd suggest buying a second run around for a few hundred quid to go to gigs in. it also means you dont have to worry about where you park and the risk of damage etc...

Daman C - definitely won't fit in the passenger seat dude - it's huge :lol:

i wouldnt want to be lugging equipment around in it regulary any way. the boot is quite high up so lugging things into the back will enevitably get annoying and you'll probably plough the amp into the back end one day. i'd suggest buying a second run around for a few hundred quid to go to gigs in. it also means you dont have to worry about where you park and the risk of damage etc...

Yeah, I was thinking that ditching the Golf for a Supra and a transit would be the way to go! :D

Hi James and welcome to the club.What are you after n/a,tt,auto, manual?

Hey dude!

Ideally a manual UK spec TT of course but that's not gonna happen (or be easy to find!) :D

An SZ-R or a manual SZ(would like the 17s and bigger brakes though!) looks to be the most feasable!

I'd probably go for that initially before, in a couple of years, going for an RZ or UK TT. :)

The annoying thing is my car enthusiastic friends trying to keep me away from opting for a Supra so early!

I've done alot to my Golf and they are saying that I should keep a hold of it until the end of Uni (I'm in 2nd year - 4 year degree) before then going for a TT Supe.

I want a NA in the meantime though because I've just always wanted a Supra! :)

I

Hey dude!

Ideally a manual UK spec TT of course but that's not gonna happen (or be easy to find!) :D

An SZ-R or a manual SZ(would like the 17s and bigger brakes though!) looks to be the most feasable!

I'd probably go for that initially before, in a couple of years, going for an RZ or UK TT. :)

The annoying thing is my car enthusiastic friends trying to keep me away from opting for a Supra so early!

I've done alot to my Golf and they are saying that I should keep a hold of it until the end of Uni (I'm in 2nd year - 4 year degree) before then going for a TT Supe.

I want a NA in the meantime though because I've just always wanted a Supra! :)

I

A newbie who's done some research :cool::thumbs:

Welcome to the club dude. A part of me wants to agree with your mates and say wait til you finish Uni before getting a Supra. The other part says stuff that, have some fun :D

Insurance may be an issue for you at 19 though. Get some quotes going before committing any cash!

Edit: Insuring an NA won't be much cheaper (if at all) than a TT. Not sure why though!

A newbie who's done some research :cool::thumbs:

Welcome to the club dude. A part of me wants to agree with your mates and say wait til you finish Uni before getting a Supra. The other part says stuff that, have some fun :D

Insurance may be an issue for you at 19 though. Get some quotes going before committing any cash!

Edit: Insuring an NA won't be much cheaper (if at all) than a TT. Not sure why though!

Average quote is coming back at around £1600 fully comp on a '94 SZ.

Will keep looking around and keep my fingers crossed :D

Best quote I've had was £1100 fully comp on a UK TT from Bell. :blink:

I guess the thing is, purchasing and insuring a NA will be alot easier for me just now. I can always upgrade to the TT later :D

Average quote is coming back at around £1600 fully comp on a '94 SZ.

Will keep looking around and keep my fingers crossed :D

Best quote I've had was £1100 fully comp on a UK TT from Bell. :blink:

I guess the thing is, purchasing and insuring a NA will be alot easier for me just now. I can always upgrade to the TT later :D

That seems a tad cheap compared to what some of the guys on here who are your age say they've paid for insurance. Some companies have a tendancy to mistake mkiii supras with mkivs - even Adrian Flux did for me! I'd double check that. Very good quote though if it is correct :thumbs: Who's that quote from?

And a UK TT will be cheaper than an NA import for the simple reason that it's not an import. Except that they were all made in the same factory :rolleyes:

It's a good time to buy as well - prices are all over the shop. Keep your eyes peeled and you could bag a January bargain!

That seems a tad cheap compared to what some of the guys on here who are your age say they've paid for insurance. Some companies have a tendancy to mistake mkiii supras with mkivs - even Adrian Flux did for me! I'd double check that. Very good quote though if it is correct :thumbs: Who's that quote from?

And a UK TT will be cheaper than an NA import for the simple reason that it's not an import. Except that they were all made in the same factory :rolleyes:

It's a good time to buy as well - prices are all over the shop. Keep your eyes peeled and you could bag a January bargain!

That was from Liverpool Victoria. I've never seemed to have a bad quote from them!

Yeah I'm aware of the UK TT

I just got a quote from them today for my daily drive. A 10 year old 1.4 Corsa. They want £840!!! :blink: I paid less than that for my Supra a month ago!

Holy christ! :lol:

I'm less than that on my Golf 1.4 just now (with Elephant).

Just been doing some more quotes and as of April (2 years no claims as of the end of March) it's saying ~£1050 from Bell.

I'll be more of a plausible member of this site soon! Especially seeing as it's the owners club. :D

• 1 month later...

Right, found some UK spec autos (been doing alot of reading) and it seems that - as long as I give one a goooooooood look over prior and am happy - I'll have a UK auto by the start of April. Insurance being fully correct (no glitches or anything like I've had sometimes!) fully comp at £1100.06 :)

I don't have tonnes to spend to get as perfect an example as I want but will need to make sure it's good enough :)